SCP 2.0 Review

Discussion/questions about software used with your CNC Shark and programming issues

Moderators: al wolford, sbk, Bob, Kayvon

rcrick

Re: SCP 2.0 Review

Post by rcrick »

Has anyone tried using virtual zero on a tiled object. I am having difficulties it wants to use the full size to set zero the machine is no that long.
Rick

jeb2cav
Site Admin

Post by jeb2cav »

Hi,

I assume that the virtual zero is reading the material size entry in the tap file. Not able to look at this right now - but if you open the tap file in a text editor like notepad or word, you can look at this and if the case, you can edit these values to the size of the tile and try again.
material size in tap file.png
Material Size in Tap File
(6.78 KiB) Not downloaded yet

rcrick

Post by rcrick »

Thanks Joe that seemed to work I also have a request to support.

Rick

4DThinker

Post by 4DThinker »

I'd like to throw in another thanks to NextWave for the G-code toolpath preview in the 2.0 controller. Our Shark HD 2.0 is running in a busy furniture design workshop. Students with varying degrees of skill but unlimited creative ideas use the Shark. Unfortunately a few have failed to imagine where the spinning router will travel between pockets and profiles, and the clamps have scars to prove it. Now once we set the 0,0,0 position we can jog the bit out to the toolpath extents to make sure the clamps are clear. The red lines in the preview show where a raised bit will go, and several times we've moved a clamp before starting just because we caught a red line running through a clamp.

So great work! Loving 2.0!
4D

RickSokol

Post by RickSokol »

I have exactly the same problem. I ran 2.0 for about 3 months and had no problems. Two days ago it just quit working. The program says not responding.

4DThinker

Post by 4DThinker »

RickSokol wrote:I have exactly the same problem. I ran 2.0 for about 3 months and had no problems. Two days ago it just quit working. The program says not responding.
The controller software won't load unless it can connect to the controller. When this happens to me a quick power-off then on again of the controller usually fixes it. If you aren't getting any lights on your controller you may have blown a fuse.

RickSokol

Post by RickSokol »

My problem was a bad firmware updater. Downloaded the new version and ran it. Now everything is working,

Glug

Post by Glug »

4DThinker wrote:
RickSokol wrote:The controller software won't load unless it can connect to the controller.
I think that is a really dumb artificial limitation. There have been times when I have wanted to evaluate a new version of the software before installing it on my production machine and potentially disrupting my ability to make parts. But I can't do that.

The recent 1.5X release where everyone had license errors is a perfect example of why that approach is seriously flawed.

And yet you can download Mach 3 and use it for free, subject only to the trial limitation on the number of lines of g-code.

So how are users supposed to test new releases without installing them on their production router control machines?