CNC Shark Control Panel 2.0 W/Virtual Zero

Discussion/questions about software used with your CNC Shark and programming issues

Moderators: al wolford, sbk, Bob, Kayvon

tonydude

Re: CNC Shark Control Panel 2.0 W/Virtual Zero

Post by tonydude »

Tim,

Still can't get 2.0 to connect with the controller follow everything have vista too. Help

Tony
Buffalo,NY

"What will matter is not what you bought but what you built; not what you got, but what you gave”

Aspire 11.015, photo vcarve, cnc mako shark extended bed with the new upgraded HD 5 gantry with Led pendent.

4DThinker

Post by 4DThinker »

It would be nice if HD 2.0 owners also got the 2.0 update for free. It came out between the Mako and Diamond Plate Sharks, and without the packaged router and other bundled accessories. So essentially those who missed the Christmas Mako bundle paid more for what looks to be identical hardware and now are being asked to pay even more for the optional 2.0 update if they want or need it.

I personally don't mind paying for it to use with my older Shark, as I paid less than what a Mako or Diamond Plate Shark costs. I think $150 is a fair price given the engineering required and features it includes. I'm very impressed by the Virtual Zero feature as well as the other projects (Ready2Rout) NextWave is working on.

I'm curious if all new Sharks from this point forward will come with the 2.0 controller. Maybe just the HD2.0 level versions. If it is only included "free" with the seasonal blundled packages, will next year's Christmas bundle get it but not the Sharks sold in between?

Just wondering.

jeb2cav
Site Admin

Post by jeb2cav »

I think it would be nice if there is world peace as well. What I do know is that it is Rockler's decision on how they decide to sell these products as they are the distributor. Right now, it is pretty clear that the SCP 2.0 was not sold by Rockler with the HD 2.0 - only their 'special' Mako and DIamond bundles.

I wouldn't be surprised if Rockler's answer on 'going forward' with HD 2.0 is that it is not a part of it - but I guess we will or won't see. Of course at that point, someone is taking a bite for $150. If I was purchasing a higher end CNC machine, it'd be nice if the spindle speed controller associated with the control software would be free, but it would cost me another $750 - even though I'd be buying a $23K machine at that point.

And I'm also glad that the other 500+ Mako and Diamond owners who may have run into some challenges were able to work it out with support, and/or found the installation instructions in the manual answered their question during this process, or a combination of the two. A good sign that only a handful of folks have felt the need to post on the forum.

REG

Post by REG »

tonydude wrote:Tim,

Still can't get 2.0 to connect with the controller follow everything have vista too. Help

Tony
Tony, you get it to connect yet?
What do you have at this point; SCP starting up but not seeing the controller or is it that SCP won't go past registration/registration key entry.

It took me a few attempts but I discovered I misunderstood a step in the registration key entry for the Mako (after I entered the registration key for SCP).
I got mine up and going and all my accessories registered (touch plate & scan probe). PM me if you are still stuck, I would be glad to call/email you and walk you though it.

Bobby

tonydude

Post by tonydude »

Bobby,

I finally got it to work. I missed a step. I reread the manual and it worked, so glad. Going to run a test file in the morning to see how well it works.

Tony
Buffalo,NY

"What will matter is not what you bought but what you built; not what you got, but what you gave”

Aspire 11.015, photo vcarve, cnc mako shark extended bed with the new upgraded HD 5 gantry with Led pendent.

REG

Post by REG »

tonydude wrote:Bobby,

I finally got it to work. I missed a step. I reread the manual and it worked, so glad. Going to run a test file in the morning to see how well it works.

Tony
Great! Glad you got it. You have my number so call if something else comes up.

Bobby

jeb2cav
Site Admin

Post by jeb2cav »

A note on Kevin's situation - he apparently had an approved Mako order - but then Rockler oversold it and cancelled his order without notifying him. Interestingly enough, he did receive the router that came with the Mako package. After a period of time, Kevin discovered the order had been cancelled, and he worked with Rockler to obtain an equivalent package. Rockler did not close the loop and obtain and send Kevin a Mako registration key.

So - no Mako in the support dB, he didn't get the first email. No Mako registration number, Kevin can't get the ball rolling from just having the software. After discussing this with NWA, NWA said that all they needed was for Rockler to confirm that this is the case, and they would send him the registration info he needs to get going. NWA contacted Rockler. NWA is still waiting for that confirmation.

A pretty frustrating situation for Kevin - hopefully it will be resolved soon.

DenJHill

Post by DenJHill »

An older topic but a new problem for me. I just replaced the PC running the control panel. Re-installed the software from the CD that came with the Shark HD 3.0 system which only contains v.1.6 of the control panel. Have been unable to find a way to update to v2.0 or whatever is the latest. Really need some help from anyone who can direct me to a solution. Be aware the PC is not connected to the internet, it's a stand-alone in the shop.

KevinO

Post by KevinO »

Den,
I see you posted several weeks ago and you probably have an answer by now, but if not let me just mention that V2.0 of the control software is an upgrade to the original V1.5 that must be purchased from Next Wave Automation. It costs $150 and I would say is well worth the cost.
If you had V2.0 on the PC you replaced, hopefully you can recover the installation files from that PC and re-install on your new one.
If your Shark PC is not connected to the Internet, you can download V2.0 from NWA on your connected computer, load it on a memory stick and transfer it that way.
Regards,
Kevin

AWcnc

Post by AWcnc »

I am new to the forum, and I have a question not a reply. My CNC Shark will not zero out on the control panel. I jog it to zero, but as soon as I load the gcode it jumps to .425 and doesn't come down enough on the material being carved. Help!!