Equivalent to Carvewright Bit Optimization in Aspire?

Discussion/questions about software used with your CNC Shark and programming issues

Moderators: al wolford, sbk, Bob, Kayvon

rgreen105

Equivalent to Carvewright Bit Optimization in Aspire?

Post by rgreen105 »

Is there a equivalent to the CarveWright Bit Optimization setting in Aspire 3.5?

The Optimization setting allows you to choose how to handle a bit that is larger than a recess in a carving.

The attached screen shot of the menu shows this very clearly, a "V" path and how deep into it you want the bit to go.
CarveWright Bit Optimization menu
CarveWright Bit Optimization menu
Here are some renders of the same carving at different optimization settings, I have only been able to get the tool path I generate to follow the equivalent to the "NONE" setting when I would like the medium for this carving. The render in Aspire is not showing what comes out on the wood.
Bit Optimization set to none, notice the antenna.
Bit Optimization set to none, notice the antenna.
Bit Optimization set to Medium, compare the antenna to the above None setting
Bit Optimization set to Medium, compare the antenna to the above None setting
The Best setting is not really useful in the CarveWright as it usually brings out edge dithering artifacts in the raster images that the CW uses, but the other settings do have it uses when carving molds. Since I am using the Tapered Ball Nose bit to carve the 3d models I thought about creating a tool model with a smaller than true tip size but figured that would distort the true edges of the model.

Thanks for your insights.
Richard