Vcarve 7 ?

Discussion/questions about software used with your CNC Shark and programming issues

Moderators: al wolford, sbk, Bob, Kayvon

ttolli

Vcarve 7 ?

Post by ttolli »

Somehow and somewhere I missed out on Vcarve 7 is this an add on or what. The last couple of files I have tried to open from this forum says no, because I have 6.5 and they were done in 7.0.
I really need to pay attention more or at least get to the point I can use my shark more. I really like the last option better.
Tim

jeb2cav
Site Admin

Re: Vcarve 7 ?

Post by jeb2cav »

Hi Tim,

VCarve Pro v7 is the latest version offered by Vectric. You can contact them to see if you are still under maintenance and get it 'free', or if there is a cost if you want to upgrade from previous versions to v7. From V7 you can save the project in a version that support use by v6.5 (and I think earlier) versions - but as you've found, if it is saved in v7 structure, earlier versions are not going to be able to open it.

Kevink18

Post by Kevink18 »

Had a hard drive issue and lost my vcarve 7 and the link to download I have my key. How do I redownload the program?

tonydude

Post by tonydude »

You have to contact vectric. Don't you have it on disc?

Tony
Buffalo,NY

"What will matter is not what you bought but what you built; not what you got, but what you gave”

Aspire 11.015, photo vcarve, cnc mako shark extended bed with the new upgraded HD 5 gantry with Led pendent.

Kevink18

Post by Kevink18 »

no machine came with 6.5 and got a email with link and key for my upgrade. I will have it backed up better next time. Put 6.5 back on so not down at this time. I will contact them what is the best way email or phone?