Vectric User Group 2013

Discussion/questions about software used with your CNC Shark and programming issues

Moderators: al wolford, sbk, Bob, Kayvon

JamesB

Vectric User Group 2013

Post by JamesB »

Hopefully this is OK for me to post here - please edit or remove if not considered appropriate. As many of you know VCarve Pro and Cut3D are developed by a company called Vectric. If you receive the Vectric Monthly Newsletter you will have seen that we have scheduled this years User Group meeting. Dates are set for Friday 4th and Saturday 5th October and the location will be the Embassy Suites - Convention Center, Las Vegas. As with previous meetings we'll be covering a mixture of topics which relate mainly to Aspire but will have some cross-over with VCarve Pro. These meetings are a great way to improve your knowledge and learn tips and tricks to increase your capabilities and efficiency with the Vectric programs. They are also a really good opportunity to meet with other CNC users to share ideas and ask questions.

There is limited space and at this point (just over 3 months to go) almost two thirds of the places have been booked. If your interested in learning more about this years meeting or booking your spot then you can read more about it here: http://www.vectric.com/company/events/2013/ugm.html

Thanks,
James

birdhousemike

Re: Vectric User Group 2013

Post by birdhousemike »

‎Tuesday, ‎10 ‎September, ‎2013

Blog: CNCSharktalk.com Board index < CNCShark < Software. Programming < Vectric User Group 2013

I have run a few routes each sign bores no deeper than one sixteenth of an inch using the Ninety degree carbide v-bit.

A thing I have noticed about the y axis from one side of my board to the other side is probably one thirty-second of an inch the bit does not bore equally... from side to side...

As a means to solve this problem for an equal look I have managed to shim the piece with card-stock after running the route a whole other time...

Since time is money here My question is directed at either the software Vectric or the Shark CNC panel program for a specific test run function?

In other words is there a test run function where the bit would say for example bore the four far corners and possibly draw a couple of lines to center where the engineer could check for an even one sixteenth of an inch from one side of the board to the other...???

Sincerely birdhouse Mike