CNC Shark Control Panel 2.0 W/Virtual Zero

Discussion/questions about software used with your CNC Shark and programming issues

Moderators: al wolford, sbk, Bob, Kayvon

NYmedic1

CNC Shark Control Panel 2.0 W/Virtual Zero

Post by NYmedic1 »

Wasn't the new software scheduled for release today?

4DThinker

Re: CNC Shark Control Panel 2.0 W/Virtual Zero

Post by 4DThinker »

Not sure if Oct 1 was promised, or "October", so if the later it could be any time this month. It was supposed to be shipped with the Diamond edition, and I know a few have already received those. Perhaps they can chime in about the controller version their Sharks came with. If they got it with their Sharks then it should be simple a case of NextWave figuring out how to charge for and keep us from sharing freely a $150 (or perhaps more) download. Updates to the controller have been free up to now.

McBuster

Post by McBuster »

I was told by my local Rockler store, expect an Oct 1st thru Oct 15th date.

Jon ...
Woodbury Mn
Jon ...
Woodbury Mn

Nextwavesupport

Post by Nextwavesupport »

The New control panel 2.0 W/Virtual Zero will be released with the Black diamond on (around) the 15th

Cory Newman

Post by Cory Newman »

So the Black Diamond that I have sitting out in the garage ready to put together this weekend doesn't have it?

4DThinker

Post by 4DThinker »

Thanks, NWA support. Looks like you and Rockler need to communicate a little better, as at least a few Diamond Sharks have already been shipped.

4D

disneyfan

Post by disneyfan »

I received my Black Diamond a week ago Tuesday. I got it up and running last Friday and realized that there is no mention of the virtual software anywhere in the documentation. I called new wave Monday and was told that it will be out on the 14th or 15th. I also received an email that day as well. It would have been nice to read that somewhere in the documentation.

Cory Newman

Post by Cory Newman »

That was part of the reason I purchased the Black Diamond. Are you saying we have to spend more to get the virtual zero?

landp

Post by landp »

I also purchased a Black Diamond edition. When I talked to the store manager in Sandy Springs, he told me that all Black Diamond editions include the software upgrade, but that the software was going through the final stages of refinement before release.
He estimated it would be availabe to download around the 15th.

So far they seem to be on the same page.

The Software is included in the Black Diamond edition, and for earlier models the upgrade is available for a fee.

Cory Newman

Post by Cory Newman »

Thank you