CNC Shark Control Panel 2.0 W/Virtual Zero

Discussion/questions about software used with your CNC Shark and programming issues

Moderators: al wolford, sbk, Bob, Kayvon

4DThinker

Re: CNC Shark Control Panel 2.0 W/Virtual Zero

Post by 4DThinker »

Around the 15th today. Any news NextWave?

dbrown

Post by dbrown »

Received my Black Diamond on the 8th with out Virtual Zero. Called Rockler and was told that I would received the software at no charge around the 15th. It is now the 17the and no sign of the software

milo30

Post by milo30 »

Anytime you deal with software it is just an estimate, not a deadline. I'm sure it has some bugs they are still working out. Better to get good software than a buggy one. Of course, I don't plan on buying it so I'm not anxious :o

tonydude

Post by tonydude »

If you would of read this http://www.cncsharktalk.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=3110 You would've know it's coming out on Monday Oct. 21st

Tony
Attachments
launch date.JPG
Buffalo,NY

"What will matter is not what you bought but what you built; not what you got, but what you gave”

Aspire 11.015, photo vcarve, cnc mako shark extended bed with the new upgraded HD 5 gantry with Led pendent.

McBuster

Post by McBuster »

Over the years, watching and being involved with small and large companies deal with rollouts and dates, these things are a slippery slope at best. I would believe the math involved translating an XYZ position tempered by a Z recalculation may be a bit hard to implement in the code and then, make it work in reality. Then we have the marketing group wanting more and more features, followed by documentation, distribution and of course the testing and acceptance. Much less dealing with multiple releases of operating systems (Windows) and the plethora of add-ons and things folks pile on their computers.

Sometimes, I wonder how anything works, at all.

Btw, even Microsoft has missed its share of dates. In one of their early Windows Releases, seventeen people were involved in actually creating it. After the date was missed, one of the team went home, fetched some clothes, a microwave and small refrigerator. Returned to the office and lived there until the release had occurred. His family came to the office to visit.

Tim and NWA appear to be doing their best to provide realistic dates and features coupled with keeping us informed. One thing I might suggest, is a simplification of the overly complex, and somewhat involved registration process. After all, the Controller itself is its own Dongle and without it, you can do nothing. The Plate and Probe might require something, just keep it simple.
Jon ...
Woodbury Mn

4DThinker

Post by 4DThinker »

tonydude wrote:If you would of read this http://www.cncsharktalk.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=3110 You would've know it's coming out on Monday Oct. 21st

Tony
Or is it?...

toolguy

Post by toolguy »

It is now 10:35 PM and I sure don't see it !!!

tonydude

Post by tonydude »

Buffalo,NY

"What will matter is not what you bought but what you built; not what you got, but what you gave”

Aspire 11.015, photo vcarve, cnc mako shark extended bed with the new upgraded HD 5 gantry with Led pendent.

4DThinker

Post by 4DThinker »

Not so much of a launch, but at least those supposed to get it for free should be happy. Any Mako or Diamond Shark owners want to attest to getting that email? I'm jealous.

Nov 1 looks to be the new "promise" date for every other Shark owner considering it. Time will tell.

tonydude

Post by tonydude »

Still didn't get mine.

Tony