Control Software Not opening on Computer

Discussion/questions about software used with your CNC Shark and programming issues

Moderators: al wolford, sbk, Bob, Kayvon

cncgg

Control Software Not opening on Computer

Post by cncgg »

Two problems.

First, the computer would loose connection with the control box. Moved to another USB connection on the computer and wrapped tape on the box end to tighten the fit, was really loose fitting.

Second, my control software will not open up. It connects to the box, but the software will not open. If I click it again, says another instance is running.
Cant shut it down in task manager.

I have tried all versions of the controll software F,I,H and they do the same. Also tried on my desktop, same results. Opens only a few times.

I keep the computer updated and cleaned and defragged.

Why will the software not open up for me to use?

I had to take orders and will ship the signs from home, felt Like I had a $4000 paperweight at the show. Last show we did, it was all good, sold 24 signs.
I will try Nextwave support next and see how it its !!

Thanks, Glenn

4DThinker

Re: Control Software Not opening on Computer

Post by 4DThinker »

Do you have separate log ins on the PC connected to the controller? I noticed that on the Shark we use in the Furniture shop where I teach that when a student logs out and another logs in it takes powering off and back on the controller to get the control software to find it and open up.

cncgg

Post by cncgg »

No, It does connect to the box and you finds the serial numer and the machine clicks when it does, but the software does not open up for me to use.
Thanks for the reply.
Emailed support last night. I also replaced the USB cable with same results.

Glenn

4DThinker

Post by 4DThinker »

If you get "Instance already open" errors, then the software may be loading but off the edge of the screen. Ever have a second monitor attached? I have a second monitor (big TV) that I occasionally use on my home office PC, and if I leave a program there the next time I open it without the TV on the program is impossible to see.

Just shooting at flies here. I know these problems can be difficult and frustrating to resolve. Good luck with tech support.

cncgg

Post by cncgg »

Only have one screen.
Now it works on my desktop !! But not the laptop. Was not working on both today and yesterday.
Even did a system restore to last week when it was working and does same thing.
Tech support has not seen this before, great !
Running it as admin. also.

cncgg

Post by cncgg »

I just got it to work !!

I shut off the wireless network and disabled my antivirus and its working so far !!

Wonder why it worked with that stuff on last time.

Will try to run parts later and see if it still works.

:D :D :D :D :D Glenn !!

GullyFoyle

Post by GullyFoyle »

Did you install with Administrator rights?
Just right click an .exe and install that way.
Any number of software "errors" can stem from failure to do so.