SCP2.0 - Registration date error

Discussion/questions about software used with your CNC Shark and programming issues

Moderators: al wolford, sbk, Bob, Kayvon

PQTN

SCP2.0 - Registration date error

Post by PQTN »

Hello everyone,

I installed SCP2.0. When I tried to run the SCP2.0, first time, registration asked. I typed the software key and the control panel key and hit Submit button... an error message poped up: "01/01/1900 is not a valid date"...

Someone as a clue on that one ???

Thank you.

PQTN
Attachments
CNC SCP2 install date error.jpg

4DThinker

Re: SCP2.0 - Registration date error

Post by 4DThinker »

I didn't have to put anything in the "detect controller 1.5" box. That may be what is generating the error.

Joseph Poirier

Post by Joseph Poirier »

Try clearing the [Detected 1.5 controller box] that box has been causing us some issues. It is only supposed to be a reference for the customers. No one is supposed to enter any values there. In fact, that box was never supposed to be in the app at all. it was something the programmer who originally wrote the registry stuff left in there by mistake.

PQTN

Post by PQTN »

Same error without data in the second field...

4DThinker

Post by 4DThinker »

If that didn't fix the issue, I suspect a typo as you typed in the registration code. See if you can copy and paste it directly from the email it came in.

PQTN

Post by PQTN »

NWA registration codes are too long for me and i'm a little lazy, so I always cut and paste... it's not a data entry error...

Tim Owens

Post by Tim Owens »

My question when you say you have a key but you are running it for the 1st time.
if you are running it for the first time you have not yet registered the software.
you would have a serial number that you are using and you upload the registration.
then a Key would be emailed to you.
Is the key for the 2.0 software or a key from the 1.5 software?

Joseph Poirier

Post by Joseph Poirier »

I looked into this, the software key has a date embedded in the key, if the key is too old (or the date is not found in the key) it appears to kick back the message that you received. have a new key generated for your software by resubmitting.

If you can get into your software control panel, then your software is registered, and you should ignore the rest of this message.

The registration key you receive back in an email from [Nextwave Automation Registration <register@nextwaveautomation.com>]. The key will be defined in the email as: [Control Panel Version 2.0 Purchase Upgrade - Registration Key].

If you can't get past the [Enter Software Registration Key] screen, and you're certain you have a bad registration key, then it's possible that you entered the wrong serial number for the software or that the system failed to provide a valid datetime when it generated your key.

To start over with your registration: Exit the [Software Registration Key] screen, then delete the softwareInfo.nwa file from your [My Documents\CNC Shark 2.0\Startup] folder.
On next startup: the system will take you back to the screen where you [Enter your Software ID (Software Serial #)], and you can re-enter that and resubmit to electronically request a new key.

PQTN

Post by PQTN »

Hello,

I had no time last few weeks to look at the problem... but now, it is solved.

In the actual version of SCP2, the registration part is not well coded by NWA. This part looks for the date at the wrong place so I just changed my computer Regional settings for the short date format to MM/dd/yyyy before entering any registration key (SCP2, Shark and touch plate, idem for probe I suppose). I then put my short date format back to what it was.

Thank you and hope that will help others.

PQTN

Joseph Poirier

Post by Joseph Poirier »

Good call on that response PQTN... it was looking for a fixed position and length for many parts of the registration key, and the date conversion was missing the format command. I fixed all of that in a November 2013 release, meaning variable length keys are now supported and the date conversion function contains formatting information, so it can work no matter how an operating system is setup. After all was tested, those fixes were handed off and rolled into the 1.5...23k free version, since 1.5 also had the same registration issues prior to these fixes.

The newer versions no longer look for a fixed position for the date. The code was updated. Now if no date exists in your registration key, it will tell you the key is expired.