Problem with Control Software Ver. 1.5.0.23k

Discussion/questions about software used with your CNC Shark and programming issues

Moderators: al wolford, sbk, Bob, Kayvon

McBuster

Re: Problem with Control Software Ver. 1.5.0.23k

Post by McBuster »

I agree with KevinO.

Having such a tedious Registration Schema is very questionable. Then, knowing the Control Box Program is useless without the Box, why any fuss at all? The Box is proprietary, which implies the code is also proprietary. In my travels, even pairing the Code to the Control Box Number, why?

And another example. My shop is two floors away from where I do most of the Development in VCarve. The timings there are approximate, but the timings in the Control Box is very close to the real stuff. So, to simulate running the job on my Development box, I have to bring the Control Box upstairs, hook it up, then do the opposite back down there. Once Registered,why the fuss? Makes no sense to me.

And why a Key should expire for this level of product? Were you charging a Maintenance Fee, I could understand. But ... ?

Here is a thought. Were this entire process to be simplified and minimized, take all that time the Help Line and Development and Testing spends on these issues, and use that time for something far more productive and profitable than generating monstrous Keys and eMails and Discussion.

And another. If, the Control Box Software generates common GCode, and if, you are concerned of others using it without paying, then have a Handshake at Launch Time to make certain your specific Box is there. No numbers, no keys, nothing. Just a simple Handshake.

This process has had to be expensive in dollars within NWA and certainly, aggrevation on the Customer's side.

Someone gets a Shark on Friday afternoon. With a Touch Plate. How many days will be by before they can do the simplest of things with it?
Jon ...
Woodbury Mn

Joseph Poirier

Re: Problem with Control Software Ver. 1.5.0.23k

Post by Joseph Poirier »

23k has been deprecated.

Registration Keys are now automatically created during the online registration process for both the new 1.5 and the current 2.0 registration systems.

A patch for the 1.5 registration was posted on Thursday, February 27th, and the software serial is no longer required in that version, so smooth sailing for anyone trying to quickly setup and run, as long as they submit online.
http://nextwaveautomation.com/Downloads ... 402-27.exe

We have and will continue to do our best to quickly address any comments or issues in order to provide the best possible user experience.