Update software

Discussion/questions about software used with your CNC Shark and programming issues

Moderators: al wolford, sbk, Bob, Kayvon

winbrayer

Update software

Post by winbrayer »

I am having difficulty updating to Control Panel 2 and V Carve Pro 7. Can someone guide me thru this process?

milo30

Re: Update software

Post by milo30 »

I can't help you on the control panel but what problem are you having with vcarve 7?

sk8nmike

Post by sk8nmike »

What problems are you having?

Any error messages?

Have you tried removing the old software before installing the new?

Joseph Poirier

Post by Joseph Poirier »

Joseph Poirier

Post by Joseph Poirier »

v2.05 is available with new display, registration and minor bug fixes from 2.01.
Happy Holidays

KevinO

Post by KevinO »

I updated to V2.05 tonight. For some reason virtual is not available now, although it was for V2.01. It must have something to do with registration of the touchplate even though it shows that it is registered.
I'm so sick of screwing around with this software every time an update is released that I decided to go back to V2.01. That was a mistake because even though it was working great before I updated, when I when back to V2.01 I got the dreaded "This software is not registered" message.
Fortunately, I had the registration numbers (each about a million digits) for the software and touchplate so I was able to re-enter them. Now I'm back to a working version V2.01 with virtual.

I'm going to wait until I see something on the forums saying that V2.06 is out fixing the problems with V2.05 before I attempt to update again. On second thought, I think I'm going to stick to V2.01 regardless.

Kevin

monitoringpost

Post by monitoringpost »

Yeah Kevin beat me to the punch but Virtual Zero appears gone. The coordinates from using it previously were preserved in preferences but there is no way to invoke it. I've only used the CNC once this week since updating - the machining went fine but the new screen layout isn't particularly any better. You'd think that would of been obvious before they released it... or very soon after!
Last edited by monitoringpost on Fri Dec 18, 2020 7:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Joseph Poirier

Post by Joseph Poirier »

Also, there was an issue that the single-code entry form was not saving the registration codes. That was corrected a few days ago, with an overwrite on v2.05. But the issue goes back to before 2.01 was ever released.

Prior to the update, just resubmitting online registration and/or closing control panel and reopening should bring your virtual zero and other features back online.
the initial release as with all previous releases requires the control panel to close and reopen to enable features.

The upside... a small tweak and voila, the new beta now turns features on without requiring the control panel to be turned off. When testing is completed it will be used to overwrite the current release of v2.05, since a few more features were updated... [snap to image] was patched as well, and should not be used until the update is available.

Joseph Poirier

Post by Joseph Poirier »

Also, there was an issue that the single-code entry form was not saving the registration codes. That was corrected a few days ago, with an overwrite on v2.05. But the issue goes back to before 2.01 was ever released.

Prior to the update, just resubmitting online registration and/or closing control panel and reopening should bring your virtual zero and other features back online.
the initial release as with all previous releases requires the control panel to close and reopen to enable features.

The upside... a small tweak and voila, the new beta now turns features on without requiring the control panel to be turned off. When testing is completed it will be used to overwrite the current release of v2.05, since a few more features were updated... [snap to image] was patched as well, and should not be used until the update is available.

KevinO

Post by KevinO »

Joseph,
Could you please clarify what you mean by "overwriting the current release of V2.05"? Are you saying that when you release the fixes to V2.05, you are not going to roll the number to V2.06?

Why wouldn't you roll the revision so we'll know that the issues have been addressed? Will the "Check for Updates" function still work if you don't roll the revision?

Kevin