touch plate

Discussion/questions about software used with your CNC Shark and programming issues

Moderators: al wolford, sbk, Bob, Kayvon

gpeck

touch plate

Post by gpeck »

In useing the touch plate, how does the software know where or at what point the surface maybe high in one area or lower in others? I have not tried the five point system yet and did not know where to begin. Thanks for any info....

milo30

Re: touch plate

Post by milo30 »

If you have 2.0 the software reads the different readings that you take and calculates for high and low. If you don't have 2.0 then it is one reading and works off of that height.

gpeck

Post by gpeck »

I have 2,0. In taking the 4 or 5 readings, is there a pattern to follow, I would think the soft ware would need to know which point is high or low.

milo30

Post by milo30 »

I don't use 2.0 but I would assume when you are using it, it should tell you where to place the touchpad for each reading. Did it not come with any documentation? If all else fails search YouTube and see if a video is posted.

Ronwoodson2

Post by Ronwoodson2 »

On your control panel software you can offset the points from the material edges to allow clamping. When
you load the Gcode, the software will recognize the dimensions of the workpiece.
When you enable the Virtual Zero the software moves the router to the front left corner of your material, allowing
For the clamping offset previously provided. A measure is taken there and then moving ccw to each corner, then to the material center for the fifth measurement. The software then recalculates the tool path to allow for material heights
Found in the measuring.

Hope this helps.
Ron
Ron Woodson
Somerset ,Ky
Ronwoodson2@aol.com

gpeck

Post by gpeck »

I think what has happened for some reason my touch plate software is still in 1,5 mode for that software. The touch plate is the only thing on my control panel. I think that vertrol Z should be below it.When I go into control panel help it says I have the lattest software,but I don't think so.