Shark Control Panel 2.0 Regional Settings, 1.25 vs. 1,25

Discussion/questions about software used with your CNC Shark and programming issues

Moderators: al wolford, sbk, Bob, Kayvon

Joseph Poirier

Shark Control Panel 2.0 Regional Settings, 1.25 vs. 1,25

Post by Joseph Poirier »

I posted a 2.0 update today that corrects regional settings for decimal notation. The version is 'v2.0_release1401-27'

in previous versions the step settings for inches and millimeters were being saved and defaulted as a string of '0.010' and '1.000'

This was effectively allowing millimeters to work in regions that used commas, but not inches. The new release will allow users to use either millimeters or inches in regions that use commas or any other regional string separator to separate whole numbers from decimal numbers. The default values found in your preferences window on the new version should match your regional settings now.

All numeric values work the same, but string equivalents work based on regional settings.

Contact Next Wave Automation if you are a 2.0 user and require a link to the new software.

Additional software update features...
Tweaked virtual settings a bit too. See if you like these better than the previous settings.

Eliminated the default gap for raise… the raise is a combo of safeheight plus touchplate thickness.
We’ve had complaints that some users needed more control, so there it is.

Updated viewer, tested in standard and virtual run. All good.

Added support for new controller model: 4004.

Added support for alternate [Regional] [Decimal Separator] by modifying our code... 2.0 should work globally in places where commas are used instead of decimal points, etc.

The new system can switch back and forth for users that travel... only requirement is to have a decimal(.) set as decimal separator when loading to the controller. But other than that one can view files in alternate regions now.

plascell9

Re: Shark Control Panel 2.0 Regional Settings, 1.25 vs. 1,25

Post by plascell9 »

I tried the upgrade but got into trouble during the installation. Seemed like everything installed OK on my XP Dell Desktop. But installing the upgrade on HP Laptop with VISTA I got hung up and got an error message when it tried to do: ncPOD Firmware Updater 2083 Click here to install. Got : Failed to connect . . . 1

Too late today to get reply from Joseph. Anyone got an idea what I missed?

Pete

plascell9

Post by plascell9 »

I may have been in a hurry. . . .

Note: In order to update firmware : if controller was connected to Control panel,
control panel must be closed and controller should be shut off until all the lights have cleared.
Then controller should be turned back on and a few seconds should pass before running update.

The error message indicated failure of the computer to "connect" to the controller to upload the
Program CNC Shark Control Panel 2.0\CncSharkFirmwareUpdater\FirmUpdater2083.exe

I am again a happy camper. . .

Pete

LeeWills

Post by LeeWills »

Is this only for the latest models of the Shark?
LW
If you can't blind someone with science, Confound then with B***S***

plascell9

Post by plascell9 »

I am using it with Shark Pro Plus HD (not 2.0) that has a single box controller (with internal power supply).
I don't know how far back it is compatible.

Pete

LeeWills

Post by LeeWills »

Thank you, I have the HD as well
Regards
LW
If you can't blind someone with science, Confound then with B***S***