ruined on last cut need help

Discussion/questions about software used with your CNC Shark and programming issues

Moderators: al wolford, sbk, Bob, Kayvon

fred1030

ruined on last cut need help

Post by fred1030 »

Almost the same thing that happened to me over two years ago. On my final cut out and at the same spot the program or the router lost it's location.
I don't think there was any voltage problem.
The code should not have been corrupted, This was the third time and the fourth time I ran the same cut program, the first two times was flawless.
Just in case a set screw loosened up on me I will take the scarf board off tomorrow or the next day and retighten the set screws but this time it acts different than the last time this happened two years ago.
The program ran fine when I cut it out of mdf. It ran fine the first time I cut it out of oak wood. Then bought some new Oak and the next time it screwed up.
Any ideas, I tried to save the piece of wood by resurfacing the first screw up and tried cutting the same run over the top of resurfaced piece. I have attached pictures to give you an idea of what it did.
Any help would be appreciated.
You can see the problem
You can see the problem
first time in mdf, second run in oak and it ran perfect
first time in mdf, second run in oak and it ran perfect

milo30

Re: ruined on last cut need help

Post by milo30 »

Are you sure that it some part didn't hit something like a clamp? You can definitely see where it began having issues as if struggling and got thrown off before it cut through the board. I was running mine recently and my clamp bolts were just clearing the gantry and I threw the dustboot on. I heard the machine have an issue but by the time I looked at it, I couldn't see the problem. On a second pass, I realized the dustboot sticking out the front was bumping the clamp bolt and that was all that it was. Cords kept clear of everything so they can't bind?

4DThinker

Post by 4DThinker »

This time of year I would expect a static discharge made one motor lose track of what it was doing.

fred1030

Post by fred1030 »

It's very possible that the dust boot could have hit a clamp. That's one of the main problems and why I don't use mine too often unless I am cutting
. I was running without the bottom of my dust boot on and it's why I made my own out of clear acrylic but it's still a possibility it hit a clamp.

milo30

Post by milo30 »

it looks like that to me. the beginning of the bad cut looks like the bit was struggling to stay straight

fred1030

Post by fred1030 »

Well I think all I did was hit a clamp with my dust collector. I have since ran 5 or six more signs without any problems. Thank you