Problem with Jogging V2.0

Discussion/questions about software used with your CNC Shark and programming issues

Moderators: al wolford, sbk, Bob, Kayvon

KevinO

Problem with Jogging V2.0

Post by KevinO »

I started playing around with V2.0 of the Control Panel software and came across a problem.

When I try to jog by step, I click the +X, +Y or +Z direction and the gantry moves by only a fraction of the distance I set. For example, if I set 0.1 inch, the gantry only moves. 0.0039 inch. This occurs in all axes, in either + or - direction.
I know what you're thinking, "this guy has his preferences set for metric (0.1 mm = 0.0039 inch), so all he has to do is change to inches in preferences and all will be right". Unfortunately, the first thing I checked was preferences and they are indeed set for inches. If I change the setting to metric and try again, it moves exactly as the setting indicates (that is, a step of 0.1 mm actually moves the gantry 0.1 mm).

Moving the gantry by using either Slow, Medium or Fast works fine.

It appears to be a bug in V2.0 that even though preferences are set to inches, jogging by step moves the gantry only by mm.
I went back and tried jogging by step with V1.5 and it works the way it's supposed to.

Before I contact NWA, I'd appreciate it if someone with V2.0 could check this out and see if they get the same result.

Thanks.

Kevin

4DThinker

Re: Problem with Jogging V2.0

Post by 4DThinker »

I've noticed several times that after cutting a job the jog functions are not working right until I select any different choice than what was left before cutting. Something as it runs a g-code file or you use the feedrate slider reprograms the jog.

Yes, to me seems like a bug that could be fixed by NextWave. I quickly work around it each time, but shouldn't have to.

KevinO

Post by KevinO »

4D,
Thanks for replying. It sounds like my problem is different than the one you describe.The problem I'm having with jogging is not related to whether I have previously cut a job or have used the feedrate slider. My problem simply stated is that in V2.0 even with preferences set at inches, step jogging moves as though preferences were set at mm.

If I set the jogging step to move 1.0 inch, my gantry only moves 0.039 inch. This happens to be exactly how far it would move if my preferences were set at mm instead of inch. It doesn't do it randomly, it does it every time.

If you set the step setting to 1.0 with preferences set at inches, how far does your gantry actually move?

Jim N

Post by Jim N »

I have the same problem and contacted NWA - got this back Tues.
Good Morning,
I spoke with the software developer in regards to the issue you are having. It appears this issue has just surfaced. He stated that he worked on a patch for it. The control panel is being tested in our shop at the moment and as soon as it is tested we should be able to send you the link with the patch.
I have also forwarded your email over to him.

Thank you
NWA Support

Jim

KevinO

Post by KevinO »

Thanks Jim.
It sounds like they are only going to send the link to you (using you as the guinea pig perhaps?). I hope they will release a patch on their website for the rest of us.
Can you post here when you get the link so I'll know to start bugging them myself?

Thanks.
Kevin

Jim N

Post by Jim N »

I will do that ;)

Joseph Poirier

Post by Joseph Poirier »

The step jogging is completely resolved in release version is 1405-01 and above. Contact tech support to get a link.