Help with ramp in??

Discussion/questions about software used with your CNC Shark and programming issues

Moderators: al wolford, sbk, Bob, Kayvon

T.G.

Help with ramp in??

Post by T.G. »

New here; just got a used shark. I have tried the search to no avail. I have a .75"x 1.00"x .09" deep rectangle that I want to make an angled pocket in. I cannot figure this out. I mess with ramp in flute profile, but it keeps throwing in a V bit. The bit I will be using is end mill .125".
Can someone please help me with this?
Thanks, T.G.

T.G.

Re: Help with ramp in??

Post by T.G. »

Well, I think I found a workable solution. Mine software is V5, so I don't think it does some stuff new programs do. Anyway, I just made separate pockets gradually decreasing in depth and overlapping them.
Have a great weekend.

milo30

Post by milo30 »

Do you have the endmill in your tool database? What do you mean that it keeps throwing in a vbit? You need to explain more in detail on what you are doing and what is happening. Are you using the latest version of vcarve pro? I am putting in the endmill in my vcarve and it is taking it with no problem in the fluting toolpath.

T.G.

Post by T.G. »

Everytime I go to flute, the tool automatically changes to v groove, I go in and click the end mill and apply and the tool in toolpath does not change. I am still learning this.

T.G.

Post by T.G. »

GOT IT !!!! This stuff is somewhat easy to learn, but when I hit a snag, I hit a big one.