Shark Control Panel 2 - Known Step increment issue

Discussion/questions about software used with your CNC Shark and programming issues

Moderators: al wolford, sbk, Bob, Kayvon

monitoringpost

Re: Shark Control Panel 2 - Known Step increment issue

Post by monitoringpost »

It seems common practice now for developers to incorporate either an automated or manual process in their software for the end user to be notified about software updates. I think when either of these methods are employed the user should have an expectation that if the software indicates that there aren't any updates than its true. I can appreciate that this functionality may be broken in a release and I think partly that was what Mr. Poirier (NWA Support Person) was trying to help us with. We than have the President, Mr. Owen, post his comments ending any further discussion with Mr. Poirier and telling all of us to wait for an email.

Well here we wait, no email and no further updates from Owen. Yeah I guess I will call support. And if the updated version indicates its the latest I guess we should all call support just to double check. Is that where we're at?

regrant3

Post by regrant3 »

Hello Everyone,

I had the same problem with the Shark Control Panel v2.0 When I check for updates the control panel reported that it is using the most up-to-date version. However when I check it still showed that I was using release 1311-07. So I contacted [url=mailto://support@nextwaveautomation.com]Next Wave Automation support[/url] and they sent me a link to the Shark Control Panel v2.0 Release1405-01. After installing this it still showed that I was using release 1311-07. I tried removing 1311-07 and installed 1405-01 and it still showed 1311-07. I think my problem was that I was using my old registration key. After reinstalling and re-registering it showed that I was using release 1405-01. Next I checked for updates and it said that I was not up to date. This time the control panel was able to download a new release 1406-04 (which was released today 6/27/2014) and I installed it without a problem. Hope this helps.

Roy

Joseph Poirier

Post by Joseph Poirier »

v2.05 does not have the step increment issue.
Happy Holidays.