Independant Tile Sizing

Discussion/questions about software used with your CNC Shark and programming issues

Moderators: al wolford, sbk, Bob, Kayvon

plascell1

Independant Tile Sizing

Post by plascell1 »

Using VCarve Pro 7.510

I would like to tile a long 72" sign. Knowing that I need reference marks to locate the different sections, it would seem practical to be able to change the size of each tile section such that the transition is between letters, rather than thru the middle of a cut letter, requiring very accurate reference locating points. I know the size of ALL tiles can be changed, and the number of tiles can be changed, but I can't find a combination of factors to put the butting edges where there are no tool paths.

Since I need about 3 tiles, can I run V-Carve three times but change the tile size each time, but picking the correct section (tile) for three different tool paths to accomplish this?

4DThinker

Re: Independant Tile Sizing

Post by 4DThinker »

Tiling simply automates what you can easily do manually if your vectors don't cross over the break lines. To make sure everything lines up when done, I'd draw it up as a whole first. Use a rectangle to surround each 3rd, then toolpath each 3rd separately, shifting the drawing so the bottom left of each section is at 0,0 before making the respective tool paths for the current section. Three files, all sections having 0,0 at the same bottom left (or your choice of a reference corner) preferably with a stop block/L screwed/clamped to that corner to help lining up each section.