SCP2 and Go To 0,0,0 and 2D view missing

Discussion/questions about software used with your CNC Shark and programming issues

Moderators: al wolford, sbk, Bob, Kayvon

AZRoger

SCP2 and Go To 0,0,0 and 2D view missing

Post by AZRoger »

I'm running Release 1405-01

I am one of the CNC Shark users that likes the "straight line to 0,0,0" change that was made for 2.0.
I had toolpaths with long tools and deep cuts and needed a very small safe height value to get everything to fit in 7 inches of travel.
I'd get Z0 set properly, click on Go To 0,0,0, and the machine would immediately TRY to jump up half an inch on the Z axis.
Trouble was that there wasn't room for 1/2 inch Z+. It chattered against the top stop losing the Z0 I had just set.
The new SCP2 works much better for these toolpaths.

Like many others have observed, the 2D view never comes up when I load my tool paths.
Until I read some other posts, I didn't know it was a metric problem. I do everything in metric.
The SCP2 does remember which mode is selected from run to run but I've never seen a 2D view.
I'd really like the 2D view stuff to work. It will provide confirmation that I loaded the right .tap file.
And it should be lots easier than reading the G-Code which I have been doing.

Roger

Joseph Poirier

Re: SCP2 and Go To 0,0,0 and 2D view missing

Post by Joseph Poirier »

The system has been altered a bit, to only use the safeheight for virtual zero, so your safe height is what will be making all the moves up in the next release for Virtual and [Move to 0,0,0].

We are looking into the metric drawing issue next. it does not seem to exist in all drawings, and honestly may be related to missing header information.

Please send a copy of the file to support@nextwaveautomation.com, so I can review it. thx
Last edited by Joseph Poirier on Thu Jun 26, 2014 11:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

AZRoger

Re: SCP2 and Go To 0,0,0 and 2D view missing

Post by AZRoger »

The requested .tap files should be in your inbox momentarily.

Joseph Poirier

2.1 Build 15 and 16

Post by Joseph Poirier »

2D view was fixed for standard files a while back.
GCode file parser was updated on Friday 2015 4/24, 2.1 Build 15
Grid lines were rolled in Monday 2015 4/27, 2.1 Build 16