Converting dxf to usable file for VCarve Pro

Discussion/questions about software used with your CNC Shark and programming issues

Moderators: al wolford, sbk, Bob, Kayvon

Chip Hill

Converting dxf to usable file for VCarve Pro

Post by Chip Hill »

I recieved my Black Daimond Edition CNC Shark (which is a HD Pro 2.0, but diamond plated) for Christmas last year and due to health problems I haven't been able to use it yet. I've been searching clip art, but cant get VCarve to open .dxf files. I've gone to the Vectric site and downloaded the files that were .crv and they work just fine. I have up-graded my software to the latest version and still won't work. Is there a way to convert .dxf files to where I can use them? Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance for any help given.

milo30

Re: Converting dxf to usable file for VCarve Pro

Post by milo30 »

I haven't been using my machine for awhile but if memory serves me correctly, some dxf files just can't be read by vectric. I believe that about half the dxf files that I found on the internet didn't work unless they were files that someone had created for the cnc. Try to find the files in a different format.

sk8nmike

Re: Converting dxf to usable file for VCarve Pro

Post by sk8nmike »

DFX files are imported in to Vcarve. Create a new project then under FILES select import and then import vectors.