cpu crash

Discussion/questions about software used with your CNC Shark and programming issues

Moderators: al wolford, sbk, Bob, Kayvon

gpeck

cpu crash

Post by gpeck »

My cpu crashed last week,What do I have to do to get my diamond working again? I took the cpu to the Doctor and they cleaned it up they said they had to reload XP, and that they had saved all my data. I have the program in the start program list, but it will not open, something about not being able to reconise the files or something. I am useing 2.0 ...Do I need to reload 2.0 from nextwave again ? I had loaded 2.0 from Next wave from their downloads on another cpu at the same time about year ago, but it does the same thing as the one U just had fixed.
Can anyone help. Thanks Gene

tonydude

Re: cpu crash

Post by tonydude »

Get a hold of support at nextwave but it's the weekend so there probably won't be anybody there to answer. The new version is 2.01 which is an update to 2.0 and you will have to re register again. Contact nextwaveautomation at Help Desk Support :
(419) 491-4520
Available 9 a.m.-5 p.m. Monday thru Friday (EST)

support@nextwaveautomation.com

Also check out this page
http://register.nextwaveautomation.com/Home/Contact

Tony
Buffalo,NY

"What will matter is not what you bought but what you built; not what you got, but what you gave”

Aspire 11.015, photo vcarve, cnc mako shark extended bed with the new upgraded HD 5 gantry with Led pendent.

jeb2cav
Site Admin

Re: cpu crash

Post by jeb2cav »

What you described is a fresh installation of the Windows XP operating system. That probably did not include the vcredist_x86.exe - MS 2008 .NET package. If you can't find this from the NWA downloads page, you can get it directly here - http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download ... aspx?id=29.

After installing this, if SCP still doesn't work - re-install it. If that doesn't clear it up, a call to support as Tony recommends should.