Version 2.05 Quirks

Discussion/questions about software used with your CNC Shark and programming issues

Moderators: al wolford, sbk, Bob, Kayvon

asever

Version 2.05 Quirks

Post by asever »

I am experiencing a few issues with software version 2.05.

The software did not remember my previous serial numbers - had to re-install touch pad probe etc.

Not stopping
I have broken a 1/8 inch drill bit and bashed a 1/4 bit into my work piece. Both incidents occurred when I was holding down the 3 on the number pad. I was trying to bring the bit closer to the work piece to zero. Both times I released the button and the head did not stop (I have verified that the keys on the keyboard are not sticking). This occurred on the fast setting.

FRO
When I press the 2,8 (x-y numbers) on the number pad to bring the gantry closer to me the FRO also engages so as it comes closer it also slows down.

Edit: It seems to occur when moving the gantry via the keyboard and the FRO is at an amount less then 100%...although I can not replicate all the time...

Request
I like the ability to see both the G-code pane and Jog pane. I have been relocating the G code window so it takes up the bottom 1/3 of the jog screen. Any chance we could get an option to save the pane layout once we have customized it.

Andy

JoDy

Re: Version 2.05 Quirks

Post by JoDy »

I upgraded yesterday to 2.05. Three times now the router has taken off in the up direction when I clicked on the left mouse button. I get a Soft stop exception error when the router hits the top.

Joseph Poirier

Post by Joseph Poirier »

Current release reads v2.05 Release003 in the About window. Release notes in the final push contain 16 [:] items that were updated or patched. If your release notes and your about window do not match then you should update by pulling down a fresh copy of v2.05.

Andy,,, my guess is that you were holding down the 3 without the numlock on.... that makes it a [Page Down] key.
That said... the newer release has most of the known bugs worked out.
The Fro changing on X Y occurs when the Fro component is highlighted and you hit the right left or up down arrow keys when the arrow keys are set as jog shortcuts both appear to occur. The Fro component uses those keys by default.
Pulling down a fresh copy of 2.05 will fix some of what you have found... the timing was updated in a release overwrite just before Christmas, and that corrects some jogging and keypress issues.

No one should jog down on Fast and expect there's no chance you can break a bit. It's a short distance down. cut back the speed when jogging the router down.

JoDy,,, we have not seen that issue, not even in our beta test. can you get us a screen shot when you have that issue come up. and get us a screen shot of your About window too, so we know which version of 2.05 you are running.

JoDy

Post by JoDy »

Joseph,

Thank you for the response.
I was working this afternoon on a cut, when the router had finished and returned to the home position, I used the mouse to lift the router so I could remove the dust skirt, when I took my finger off of the mouse, I got the SoftStopException error and the router when right to top. I took a screen shot and then clicked on the error window to cancel it, another SoftStopException error window can up. When I clicked on this error window to cancel it, a violation error window appeared. This is the first time I have seen the Violation error. I believe that at least two of the errors I got yesterday happened the same way, right after I finished a cut and was raising the router. My operating system is Windows Pro 7, service pack 1.
Attachments
First Error window
First Error window
Second error window
Second error window
Control Panel version
Control Panel version

JoDy

Post by JoDy »

Joseph

Thanks for the updated file, so far so good.

rgreen105

Post by rgreen105 »

Am I missing something? :!: Since I upgraded to 2.05 I don't seem to have the virtual-zero buttons anymore, and the program does not ask me if I wan to use the previous settings. I checked the web site and I can only find information that I am running the most current version.

Richard G.

asever

Post by asever »

If you re-register your touch plate they should come back.

rgreen105

Post by rgreen105 »

Yep, re-registering brought the Virtual Z option back... maybe that should be a required step in installing a update?

Richard

TikiMan

Post by TikiMan »

JoDy wrote:Joseph

Thanks for the updated file, so far so good.
I just had the same problem. I clicked and released for it to move right (slow) and it took off. I got the error and paniced as the unturning bit plowed into a board and snapped off. Any chance I could get this updated file? Just destroyed a $40 bit. Can't afford to do that again.

Tab

Post by Tab »

I had the machine continue moving on me a few times. I registered v2.05 003 yesterday and have not had the issue again.
I did notice while using the key board in jog mode, I have speed on med, push the arrow key and let off a couple times and it switches speeds or switches to step. very frustrating!
is it possible to turn off the X Y Z moving to Zero at the beginning of each program? I have been programming CNC fir 25 years and this is really a dangerous move.