cutting 3D

Discussion/questions about software used with your CNC Shark and programming issues

Moderators: al wolford, sbk, Bob, Kayvon

gpeck

cutting 3D

Post by gpeck »

Would like to try to cut a 3D bowl thatI thought was a free download. It is one of the tortorials and it looked like when it first started that it was in the free samples, but I can not find it . anyone know if it can be downloaded so it can be cut....????
thanks..

dan1931

Re: cutting 3D

Post by dan1931 »

here is A you tube site on bowl making.
You will need to upgrade your software to Aspire.
Good luck

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uFPy5mzgMHo

http://www.vectric.com/cool-stuff/case- ... atter.html

Good luck
Dan

4DThinker

Post by 4DThinker »

Using the fluting tool path feature of VCarve it is easy to cut out the inside of a bowl shape either round or elliptical. A tight circular array tool and a straight line centered through 0,0 to start. Sample attached. To get an elliptical bowl simply stretch the line array in one direction or another. For the outside it is a little trickier. I've had luck cutting dome shapes using the spiral gadget, and a circular array of spiral lines with the fluting tool.
FlutingBowlTest.jpg
Attachments
FlutingBowlTest.crv
(1.89 MiB) Downloaded 277 times

Bob

Post by Bob »

gpeck wrote:Would like to try to cut a 3D bowl thatI thought was a free download. It is one of the tortorials and it looked like when it first started that it was in the free samples, but I can not find it . anyone know if it can be downloaded so it can be cut....????
thanks..
Are you talking about the leaf shaped bowl?
Look here on your computer:
bowl.JPG
And, for a little twist to the idea go here: http://www.cncsharktalk.com/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=2769
Bob
"Focus"
Antonie Van Leeuwenhoek (Developer of the microscope.)

gpeck

Post by gpeck »

Thanks for all the info.. Bob I looked on my computer and could not find >Program files>Cut 3D or Sample files. I'am useing
windows 7. My config my be differant different than yours,

Bob

Post by Bob »

If you were looking for the leaf bowl, it should be in the program files folder. Possibly, you will need to do a search for "Program Files" then open it and look for Cut3D.
"Focus"
Antonie Van Leeuwenhoek (Developer of the microscope.)

gpeck

Post by gpeck »

Thanks, I found the project. When I saved the toolpaths they were saved as ,Anilan (inch) ( *m). The controler would not reconise the file. I looked for another file to save it, but the only one is Anilin ( inch )(*m) .any ideas?

tonydude

Post by tonydude »

Scroll down on the post processor till you come to cnc shark processors

Tony
Attachments
post.JPG
Buffalo,NY

"What will matter is not what you bought but what you built; not what you got, but what you gave”

Aspire 11.015, photo vcarve, cnc mako shark extended bed with the new upgraded HD 5 gantry with Led pendent.