Cutting leaf bowl 3D

Discussion/questions about software used with your CNC Shark and programming issues

Moderators: al wolford, sbk, Bob, Kayvon

gpeck

Cutting leaf bowl 3D

Post by gpeck »

In the tutorial they do not mention centering the project to be able to cut the back side so that it will cut to match the top.
I have rough cut the top out and then cut the top finishing with a .125 bullnose bit, it is a little grainy there will be a lot of sanding.The finish cut also cut away the tabs that the rough cut left it should have kept them in place for when cutting the back. I am a little leery of cuting the back so that they match...I checked the depth of cut and it was .687 deep. I entered .375. the thicness of the black cheery board is .75...... any ideas of what I did wrong? Thanks for any help....Gene

gpeck

Cutting leaf bowl 3D I got it done

Post by gpeck »

After not getting no responce I Tried to make sure that I had put the bowl in the center of my board so that when I flipped the board to cut the back it would be centered . It was off by .0625 which was not too bad. I also cut some separate tabs and super glued them in the cut out. When I cut the back the new tabs held it in place and
it came out nice. The only thing I wish is that the finishing cut was smother.

robthowells

Re: Cutting leaf bowl 3D

Post by robthowells »

Had similar issues and thought it was just me being a new user. Some of the "free" projects seem to leave out some important little things.
I made the shoe cubby and for some unknown reason the carving on the right panel was way deeper than the left but the machine and g-code settings were the same. Checked everything I could think of and finally had to adjust the g-code. Wasted 2 nice boards in the process.

tonydude

Post by tonydude »

Make sure your bed is level. Put a scarf board on the bed. Check out the forum http://www.cncsharktalk.com/search.php? ... d%5B0%5D=2 also

http://www.cncsharktalk.com/viewtopic.p ... ard#p20323

Tony
Buffalo,NY

"What will matter is not what you bought but what you built; not what you got, but what you gave”

Aspire 11.015, photo vcarve, cnc mako shark extended bed with the new upgraded HD 5 gantry with Led pendent.

garylytton

Post by garylytton »

where can I obtain a copy of the stl file for the leaf bowl

tonydude

Post by tonydude »

Here you go, all free projects from vectric.

Tony
Buffalo,NY

"What will matter is not what you bought but what you built; not what you got, but what you gave”

Aspire 11.015, photo vcarve, cnc mako shark extended bed with the new upgraded HD 5 gantry with Led pendent.