Power Failure

Discussion/questions about software used with your CNC Shark and programming issues

Moderators: al wolford, sbk, Bob, Kayvon

paramedicpops

Power Failure

Post by paramedicpops »

So, twice now, while in the middle of a long carve job I have briefly lost power which stops the machine and the V-Carve Pro Program in its tracks...ugh. I am able to find the exact position of the cutter at the time I lose power and can see which line of code I was running.

What I can't figure out is how to reset the machine and start the job on the last carved line of code.

Has anyone had this problem as well and know how to re-start the job?

Thanks,

Mark Spillane

Kevink18

Re: Power Failure

Post by Kevink18 »

I bought me a good UPS power supply so that I can stop machine and get it back home. The only way to star where you left off is to remove the code that has been run in a word editor program

Larry Stobbs

Post by Larry Stobbs »

I agree, I had this issue a few times and I bought a nice power supply that is big enough to run the shark and router, if it is only a brief power interruption I don't have to do anything, if it is longer I have plenty of time to shut everything down and at least return to zero so I don't waste the work I have in the machine

Eagle55

Post by Eagle55 »

I sure some hot shot will step in and tell you just how to do everything with code editors and wiz bang techniques. Although there might be some way to do it "technically" I don't think you want to from a practical aspect. I'm not sure how I would feel about a long carve but I have done short carves where I just trace through the previously cut work and continue on. There again, the sense that I get from others is that prevention is the best solution. I have had a sine wave UPS on mine almost since day one. If I remember right it is a 1500va which should keep me carving a few minutes if it is just a momentary outage but for longer outages getting back to 0,0,0 is the key to starting up and re-running the carve. How long of a carve are you talking about?

Roger
CNC Shark HD ~ Control Panel 2.0 ~ Windows 7 & XP
Located in West Tennessee near the Tennessee River
http://www.eaglecarver4.com