Aspire

Discussion/questions about software used with your CNC Shark and programming issues

Moderators: al wolford, sbk, Bob, Kayvon

zstat

Aspire

Post by zstat »

Will Aspire work with the 60th Anniversary Addition Shark CNC? and is it worth the price?

wwoodworks

Re: Aspire

Post by wwoodworks »

Aspire is used to design your models and create toolpaths for most if not all the cnc machines.
The software to run the toolpaths comes from Next Wave Automation, the makers of the shark.
U get that at no cost when you register your new machine.

Aspire is a wonderful and powerful design package. I use the new version 4.5 and am glad that I made the upgrade.
For me it was well worth the cost.

Hope this helps

Wayne @ Wayne's Woodworks
wwoodworks.com

rsetina

Post by rsetina »

If you want to design your own projects from vectors you create, then yes it would be worth the cost and necessary to create those projects. I use it in all my projects and find it very useful and a very powerful program. I can't live do what I do without it.
Rick

4DThinker

Post by 4DThinker »

VCarve Pro is VERY useful and can do just about anything including some psuedo-3D work. There are gadgets for it that extend that capability even farther. Aspire is Vectric's everything package though and adds true 3D modelling and cutting (far better than Cut3D), Photo carving, etc.. Essentially everything all their other apps can do. I teach furniture design, and we handle 98% of what we need to do with the features you can find in VCarve Pro. It is those last 2% of challenges where Aspire steps up to serve. Depending on the type of projects you want to do that Aspire percentage may be higher or lower.

zstat

Post by zstat »

Thank you for your advice...