Help with STL file

Discussion/questions about software used with your CNC Shark and programming issues

Moderators: al wolford, sbk, Bob, Kayvon

majorbdk

Help with STL file

Post by majorbdk »

Hi all,
I'm very new to the CNC Shark world. I've been playing around with the trial version of Aspire and Vcarve for about a year before my purchase of my CNC in early December. I love the forum. Great information and it has help me troubleshoot a few problems I've encountered. I'm trying to save my pennies to purchase the Aspire upgrade. Until that time, is there someone that would be willing to convert an Aspire file I created to an STL file?

If you don't want to post here, send me a private message.

Thanks
Brian

4DThinker

Re: Help with STL file

Post by 4DThinker »

If the Aspire version is the trial then no one will be able to open that file other than you.

majorbdk

Re: Help with STL file

Post by majorbdk »

Ok, I didn't realize until you posted that and I went back and read:

The trial versions will not allow you to save a toolpath for your CNC other than the special sample files that are included. However any files that are created and saved with the trial versions of Cut2D, VCarve Pro, Aspire or Cut3D can be opened and made fully operational once you purchase and install the full version of the software as long as it is installed on the same PC as the trial version software.

Good to know and sorry for the post.