New user with issues

Discussion/questions about software used with your CNC Shark and programming issues

Moderators: al wolford, sbk, Bob, Kayvon

Tab

New user with issues

Post by Tab »

I am an Engineer with over 25 years experience with CNC.

I Just got my shark 60th last Wednesday and am having fun with it. But I have a couple issues.
using control panel 2.05 v003

1) Z position does not match program line. my Z always is .010 off. (program Z.700 position Z.710)
2) I noticed when posting fro Vcarve sometimes, all toolpaths post even though I only have one path checked. and I do not have the option to post all paths to one file checked.
3) While using both the keyboard and the mouse, I had an issue with the travel continuing when I let off the key or button. I saw others on here having the same issue. I have not had this happen after updating to control panel v003
4) Im disappointed in the flex in the router mount. I can move my router with very little efforts. I may need to make some aluminum braces. expected better for a $4,000 machine
5) is there a way to remove the X,Y,Z zero move at the beginning of each program? I feel the controller should not add movement to my CNC code.

thanks for any guidance
TAB

KevinO

Re: New user with issues

Post by KevinO »

Tab,
I can only respond to 1), 4) and 5), perhaps someone else can address the others.

1) My Shark consistently does not match the program line, except mine is off by 0.005 inch in the Z instead of 0.010. I've just learned to live with it. It's best to be off in the Z rather than the X or Y. I had that problem too and it was a bad control circuit board which was replaced by NWA for a mere $250.
4) The flex has been an issue since day one and is the subject of many topics on this forum. A number of topics here describe what's required to minimize flex including aluminum braces. Just do a search.
5) It's been recommended to NWA a number of times on the forum to eliminate the X,Y,Z zero move at start-up (or at least make it optional) but they've never acknowledged it.

Speaking just for myself, I have a number of issues with the control software and Shark hardware, but over the years, I've just figured out workarounds for the most annoying issues and just lived with the rest. Not the best, but I still think the Shark is the best CNC for the money.

Kevin