strange things after upgrade

Discussion/questions about software used with your CNC Shark and programming issues

Moderators: al wolford, sbk, Bob, Kayvon

Larry Stobbs

strange things after upgrade

Post by Larry Stobbs »

I had been using the old controller for a long time mainly because the computer I have in the shop has some internal issue with connecting to the internet. The computer ran the controller fine but I always had the message that there was a newer controller available. I borrowed a Mi-Fi that I could plug into the computer so I could connect to the internet and I downloaded the controller. Now the problem:
I load a tool path and although I can see the pause and continue buttons, they don't do anything. The timer on the bottom reads 0 for the total time and the lines of code don't scroll down like they should. The tool path runs correctly even with these issues. One other issue I noticed is that I did need to stop my tool path the other day and since the pause button doesn't work, I ended up using the emergency stop button. It stopped the tool path as it should but when I used the return to zero button, it tried to move to the top right corner instead of the lower left and tried to bury the bit into the wood surface.
I sent an email to Next Wave but have not got a reply and from looking at some of the posts I am afraid to try to completely reinstall everything again as it sounds like people have had trouble with it loosing the registration codes and after all these years I am not sure where that information is and since I didn't get a reply from the company I don't want to be completely down waiting for tech support.
Has anyone else had these issues after upgrading and what did you do to fix it?

drueth

Re: strange things after upgrade

Post by drueth »

Larry

You have confirmed why I am still using the same control software that I downloaded about 2+ years ago. Thanks for the post. I think I will stay on the issue I have.
drueth
Shark Pro Plus HD
new to CNC 12/2012

Ausworkshop

Re: strange things after upgrade

Post by Ausworkshop »

Yes, I've noticed this as well, even asked in other threads but never get an answer. Hopeless customer service in my opinion. If the issues can't be fixed well that's one thing but to never even get an answer that's just bad service. I have ruined a few jobs and wasted hours of frustrating time in the workshop just because of a few simple flaws in the software that could probably be easily fixed if they spent a little time on it for us and actually listened to customer feedback before taking action with 'upgrades' or new products. I'm reluctant to get any new products from NWA if they can't even get the old ones working after all these years.
“It’s not that I’m so smart,
it’s just that I stay with problems longer.“
Albert Einstein