Conversion of drawings to Vector graphic

Discussion/questions about software used with your CNC Shark and programming issues

Moderators: al wolford, sbk, Bob, Kayvon

detaylor1242

Conversion of drawings to Vector graphic

Post by detaylor1242 »

One of my favorite projects is working Antarsa (sp) projects. However the plans are always just printed sheets. Any Ideas of how to convert these over to Vector Drawings?

drueth

Re: Conversion of drawings to Vector graphic

Post by drueth »

Detaylor1242

I have also been playing with the idea of "teaching" my shark to do intarsia, so I am still learning it my self. What I have found is if you scan in a file and than have Aspire/Vcarve trace bitmap you will get one set of vectors on each side of the line. You can delete one set of vectors and some times it will work, but how big a gap will you have? What I have found to work best for me is to use the original art work and draw a set of vector right over you picture. It takes some but it seam to work the best. If you can get the art work as a PDF you will be a lot better off but not there yet. If you google staned glass patterns you will find some are in a PFD format. Even with a PDF you are not home free. It is most likely a picture made up of lines that do not make up a closed vector that you will need. I found I still need to cut and paste the art work to make up a set of good closed vectors to do the cuts.
Attachments
My first real try at this
My first real try at this
drueth
Shark Pro Plus HD
new to CNC 12/2012

Kevink18

Re: Conversion of drawings to Vector graphic

Post by Kevink18 »

If you use profile cut outside on each piece it will fit together nicely.