Possible to Resize Preview?

Discussion/questions about software used with your CNC Shark and programming issues

Moderators: al wolford, sbk, Bob, Kayvon

gordread

Possible to Resize Preview?

Post by gordread »

I have been using v2.x of the controller software for a while now, and I love. I especially like the preview feature.

The only question I have is.... is it possible to resize the preview? Periodically I will load a large job, or a job with multiple 3D components, etc, and it will only preview a part of the toolpath.

Is there any way to resize the preview to see the whole thing? Or to add scroll bars to move around the preview? I'm hoping that I'm just missing something, and it is really simplen.

Thanks guys.

Gordon

Eagle55

Re: Possible to Resize Preview?

Post by Eagle55 »

I am pretty sure that those capabilities don't exist currently. I know during the first beta phase of Control Panel 2.0 they tried some scroll bars and even a selectable magnification level of the preview, neither of which made it to the final version of the program. It is a really good control panel and like everything it could be better and I know they are working on improvements as we speak so I am sure that any feedback that you give them will likely be listened to. I haven't done a lot of different sized projects but thought there was somewhat of a resize feature to account for the differences in larger and smaller areas of project but I might be wrong on that. The feature I like the most about the preview is the ability to see the safe travel route of the tool. Keeps me in tune with where to clamp, or I should say... where not to clamp the material.

Roger
CNC Shark HD ~ Control Panel 2.0 ~ Windows 7 & XP
Located in West Tennessee near the Tennessee River
http://www.eaglecarver4.com