Step and repeat patterns

Discussion/questions about software used with your CNC Shark and programming issues

Moderators: al wolford, sbk, Bob, Kayvon

gmm50

Re: Step and repeat patterns

Post by gmm50 »

All good-great suggestions. Many creative ideas.
I also spoke with real machinists cutting metal. They also use Vectrix for tool paths.

We've standardized on a 9 1/4 x 24" plastic panel. We mount that standard panel using pre-drilled holes.
Then we have programs for routing the entire panel of parts.

Some parts fit 4 per panel others 11 others only 4. We mount panels and do production runs. Over a few days;
Running shorter jobs during the day (2 Hours) and longer jobs overnight (8 Hours+) we can make more parts than we can process in the secondary operations.
My original request was to run just a few parts is for engineering only. They can just mount a sheet and set the origin and make their part(s).

Production is full panels of parts however many that becomes.

I'm done; case closed. I thank everyone for their input.

Thanks
George

gmm50

Re: Step and repeat patterns

Post by gmm50 »

When we started Vectric didn't have tutorials on this subject but I think they had it in their code.

TEMPLATES are the answer. You take a part and make a (Part) template out of it. It's all covered in tutorials.
Then place that template on a new job. Place it many times or mix and match templates.

You now have a project with N number of identical parts. Change a pocket on the part template and all you project parts will follow.
We are using this as we speak.
George