Control Panel 1.6 does not move the Router. But....

Discussion/questions about software used with your CNC Shark and programming issues

Moderators: al wolford, sbk, Bob, Kayvon

rubidubidoo

Control Panel 1.6 does not move the Router. But....

Post by rubidubidoo »

Control Panel 1.6 does not move the Router. But.... If I open 1.5, jog the router just a bit. Close 1.5 and open 1.6... Then it works great.

That took thinking my CNC Shark was broken... Then just completely giving up on 1.6, and going back to 1.5 to see if the control is not fried. It was not...
And just for fun I tried 1.6 again, and it worked.

If I reboot the laptop, I have to run 1.5 first, just a quick little jog, then close it and open 1.6. that should be in the instructions if that is how it is supposed to work. ;)

Is there a fix for this?
Thanks

4DThinker

Re: Control Panel 1.6 does not move the Router. But....

Post by 4DThinker »

Looks like 1.5 is taking care of initiating a connection to the USB port/controller, but 1.6 isn't. Try turning the controller off before launching 1.6, then see if it prompts you to power it on. If/when it does, turn the controller on and see if it can control it then. Also be sure you don't have any other devices (like a 3D Printer) running off the same PC. 1.6 may see the wrong device/com port which it can't control but doesn't realize it. Just guessing here as I've never had the same problem. Hope you get it figured out, but calling Nextwave would be the step to take if you don't.