v8 file problem

Discussion/questions about software used with your CNC Shark and programming issues

Moderators: al wolford, sbk, Bob, Kayvon

Kevink18

Re: v8 file problem

Post by Kevink18 »

are you trying to load the tap file.

Eagle55

Post by Eagle55 »

What do you mean by the statement, "won't load to the controller"? Are you loading to the controller without creating a "tap" file. If so I am lacking in experience there as I always create a tap file and take it or send it via network to the computer that the shark is on. I had VCarve Pro 6.5 and earlier this year installed 8.0. All the files that I created earlier now have the 8.0 icon on them when I look at the files. I just now after reading your post went to the "check for updates" and went in and updated my 8.012 to 8.020 (I think those are the numbers) and when I go to the files via Windows Explorer and double click on the file, it opens up 8.020 and the file that I selected without any problems. This, btw, was a file that I hadn't opened since I designed it in 6.5. All of it seems to have gone seamlessly and updated the "open with" features without any input from me. You might want to uninstall all past installations of VCarve as well as 8.0 and reinstall what ever your distribution file of 8.0 was and then do an update via the update feature from within 8.0. That might correct any problems that you have picked up along the way. Also just to mention.... I installed the 8.0 without uninstalling VCarve Pro 6.5 and I just checked, I could open 6.5 and go back into my archived files and I tried to open a file that I had not used since it was first done and it opened up in 6.5 without any problem. I am certain that if I had used a 6.5 created file and then saved anything in 8.0 that it would then not open with 6.5 anymore.

Roger
CNC Shark HD ~ Control Panel 2.0 ~ Windows 7 & XP
Located in West Tennessee near the Tennessee River
http://www.eaglecarver4.com

gpeck

Post by gpeck »

I think I have it resolved. vectric said to uninstall and reinstall which I did and everything seems to be alright now ... Thanks every one for your help.gene...