virtual zero not working right

Discussion/questions about software used with your CNC Shark and programming issues

Moderators: al wolford, sbk, Bob, Kayvon

gpeck

virtual zero not working right

Post by gpeck »

Well here we go again. I installed v8 a couple weeks ago, but did not try virtual zero at that time , just zeroed it out using a peace of paper which has been working fine. Today I had a 3"x12" sign to cut so I thought I would try the virtual zero. I install the program clicked on detect virtual zero a window came up asking to touch the touch plate to the bit which I did, it detected the plate, so I put the plate under the bit clicked on ok. and the router went
down tried to go through the plate, needless to say it brock the v bit tip. (Not Happy). With the broken bit I tried it all over again to see what I had done wrong, this time I put a peace of foam under the plate. The router went down detected the plate and went back up like it should. So using the broken bit I put a board in place using the virtual l zero, it cut the sign fine, What I do not find now is that it does not ask to move the plate to the 4 corners and center so that it read the differance. It just uses the center where it detects the virtual zero. Is the sign to small? Or What???? Any info would be great. Thanks , gene

gpeck

Re: virtual zero not working right

Post by gpeck »

Some place a long line I missed the part that said you had to reregister all license Keys before v8 would work properly ....gene