Error tool path

Discussion/questions about software used with your CNC Shark and programming issues

Moderators: al wolford, sbk, Bob, Kayvon

gpeck

Error tool path

Post by gpeck »

Why does error come up when I try to create a tool path??? The error says ( no tool path generated for current parameters check tool can fit into selected vectors at machine depth.) Thickness of material is .75 and the depth of cut is set at.75. I'am using a .25 inch end mill. This is my first time in trying to cut a vector that I have created. It is a Quilt Rack. I have highlited the vectors and zoomed in on them. I do not see any gaps. HELP gene

tonydude

Re: Error tool path

Post by tonydude »

The width of lines in your vectors are not wide enough to use a .25 end mill. Try using a .125 end mill. The width of lines determines how wide a bit you can use and that includes v bits also.

Tony
Buffalo,NY

"What will matter is not what you bought but what you built; not what you got, but what you gave”

Aspire 11.015, photo vcarve, cnc mako shark extended bed with the new upgraded HD 5 gantry with Led pendent.

gpeck

Post by gpeck »

Sorry. I tried to use a .125 and the same message came up.

asever

Post by asever »

My guess is the lines of your drawing are close together so when the program tries to generate a tool path it can't without cutting into an area that it is not supposed too... If you want to upload your saved file we could take a look at it.

Andy

tonydude

Post by tonydude »

Are you using a profile cut on the inside or outside?

Tony
Buffalo,NY

"What will matter is not what you bought but what you built; not what you got, but what you gave”

Aspire 11.015, photo vcarve, cnc mako shark extended bed with the new upgraded HD 5 gantry with Led pendent.