VCP 8.x Modeling Tools advice

Discussion/questions about software used with your CNC Shark and programming issues

Moderators: al wolford, sbk, Bob, Kayvon

NewAgent45

VCP 8.x Modeling Tools advice

Post by NewAgent45 »

I often import 3D models into VCP from Cut3D and sometimes 3D Machinist. I noticed that 3D Machinist allows you to unlock x,y & z and distort the model x,y as well as depth. Cut3D does not allow distortion of x,y. I have a model I want to distort x,y and import into VCP.

I discovered different behavior when importing V3M than V3D files. I’m using VCarve Pro 8 and when I import the V3M file I can’t reposition the model after it imports to the center of the material. This is easily done with Cut3D file imports. Also I can only import one instance of V3M file. With Cut3D files I can import multiple instances and reposition them.

I see there are some new features in VCP 8 that I have not learned yet. I see that when importing the V3M file from 3D Machinist the model is displayed in the Modeling tab and it looks like the component property tools are what I need to learn. It there a tutorial that will help?

I also notice when I import a model from Cut3d the model does not appear in the modeling display. The behavior is different. I guess this is movement away from Cut3D.

Any advice?

….. Rod

NewAgent45

Re: VCP 8.x Modeling Tools advice

Post by NewAgent45 »

Update!

I did find the long version of a tutorial that discussed the modeling tools. http://support.vectric.com/tutorials/V8 ... 3D_GS.html

After completing the tutorial in detail and referring to the help file, I'm looking for more detail. The tutorial does not cover some of the tools like combine with other components and bake.

All advice is welcome........ Rod

Bob

Post by Bob »

Rod,
I found this tutorial helpful when working with components:
file:///C:/Users/Public/Documents/Vectric%20Files/Tutorial%20Files/VCarve%20Pro%20V8.0/SimpleCrest/SimpleCrest_3DAS.html

It works well to have two monitors so that you can pause the tutorial, and work along with it on a second monitor.
Bob
"Focus"
Antonie Van Leeuwenhoek (Developer of the microscope.)

NewAgent45

Post by NewAgent45 »

Thanks Bob,

We are making some headway. I have three big monitors and use them just like you mentioned. We will run through the tutorial you mentioned tomorrow. I hope they help me better understand the software.

Thanks again!

.... Rod