Keeping the router from going to 0,0

Discussion/questions about software used with your CNC Shark and programming issues

Moderators: al wolford, sbk, Bob, Kayvon

tonybell9699

Keeping the router from going to 0,0

Post by tonybell9699 »

Hello,

I upgraded to the latest version of the shark control panel and now have an issue with the tool returning to 0,0,3 rather than what I program it to 0, 15, 3. When completed with the run the tool moves to 0,15,3 then moves to 0,0,3.

I assume it is some default in the shark control panel but can not find the issue. I contacted Next wave and they could not help.

I do many runs and like the router out of the way when I swap pieces out, this is a pain in the butt.

thanks in advance!
Tony

meb

Re: Keeping the router from going to 0,0

Post by meb »

Open your design file (.crv or .crv3d) then go to your Toolpaths tab. open the Material Setup and check at the bottom of the form Home/Start Position. Check the values here to see if they are what you want. If they are the values you want and the control panel still takes you to 0,0,3 then it is in the update for the control panel. If you save each update then you can go back to the one that was working correctly for you.

You can also check your g-code file to see what values are at the end instruction. If they are 0,0,15 then it is something they programmed into the updated control panel that tells the machine to move to 0,0,3 after running the g-code. reinstall the one that was working like you wanted it to.