Next Wave support

Discussion/questions about software used with your CNC Shark and programming issues

Moderators: al wolford, sbk, Bob, Kayvon

dmyers

Next Wave support

Post by dmyers »

I'm updating my older laptop to a newer 64 bit laptop. So I try to access 2.0 control panel software on my older laptop and it tells me the keys have expired.
Well I go to the Next Wave Automation website to down load 2.0 on the new laptop and I try to sign-in with my email address that has not changed in over 20 years.
I get a message that email address not found. So I contacted Support and received this message back.

Support (Next Wave Automation)
Dec 7, 18:12
Afternoon,
There is no sign in for our website. The only area that would require a sign in would be if you were going to place an order thru our online store. The downloads section of our website does not require a sign in.
http://shop.nextwaveautomation.com/shop ... x?recid=26
Thank you
NWA Technical Support

This is the Message straight from their website. Where they informed me there is no sign-in on there site.

Email Address:

I've emailed Next Wave a week ago for information about purchasing the 4th axis and control board. They looked at my account and verified I have 2.0 as an upgrade which is needed for the 4th axis.
I'm trying to get everything setup and I'm looking for some guidance from Next Wave to get set up and my frustration level has maxed out.

I had tried to explain to them in previous emails what I was trying to do but no help.

Sorry for the long rant!

David

dmyers

Re: Next Wave support

Post by dmyers »

Contacted Next Wave by phone yesterday and left a message for tech support waited awhile no call back.
Called again pressed 1 for sales and talked to a nice lady who transferred me to tech support who were very helpful.
Informed him what I was doing and what I wanted and within 10 minutes he had sent me all the serial numbers to update my software and re-register everything.
Now I have to transfer all my files, tool paths, drawings etc. to the new laptop. Last night I copied 1 file and did an air cut and all seems to be working fine.
Thanks to Next wave and the tech guy for all his help.

kb8jvw

Post by kb8jvw »

dmyers wrote:Contacted Next Wave by phone yesterday and left a message for tech support waited awhile no call back.
Called again pressed 1 for sales and talked to a nice lady who transferred me to tech support who were very helpful.
Informed him what I was doing and what I wanted and within 10 minutes he had sent me all the serial numbers to update my software and re-register everything.
Now I have to transfer all my files, tool paths, drawings etc. to the new laptop. Last night I copied 1 file and did an air cut and all seems to be working fine.
Thanks to Next wave and the tech guy for all his help.
Thinking of getting the 4th axis for my Shark. I see you just got one. As a new owner, are you happy with it and would you do it again? I just can not find anything about the thing and how the owners feel about them. Thank you for the help.
John

tonydude

Post by tonydude »

Have you looked at this.. http://www.cncsharktalk.com/viewforum.php?f=20

Tony
Buffalo,NY

"What will matter is not what you bought but what you built; not what you got, but what you gave”

Aspire 11.015, photo vcarve, cnc mako shark extended bed with the new upgraded HD 5 gantry with Led pendent.