control panel 2.1 21

Discussion/questions about software used with your CNC Shark and programming issues

Moderators: al wolford, sbk, Bob, Kayvon

Kevink18

control panel 2.1 21

Post by Kevink18 »

has anyone started using latest version 21 I loaded it today and am having issue whit the bit not lifting at start before router turns on. it is only lifting .008 to .013 and t is random ever time I start new cut. Setting in preferences is .50.

mlgraetz

Re: control panel 2.1 21

Post by mlgraetz »

I loaded and tried to use Control Panel 2.1 this week. My ver 2.0 quit with a message that says that registration has expired! What Einstien programs software to expire, especially without a heads up notification ? My first show stopping issue with ver 2.1 is that it will not run Aspire keyhole gadget files that I had been running with ver 2.0. I tried a drilling file that ran fine in ver 2.0 and it will not run that file either. Am trying to get the old ver 2.0 registered so I can do my projects, but no response from support Friday afternoon, so am idle for the weekend.

My machine is the Pro Plus HD 25x25x7 purchased in Dec 2011.

my Opinion: Ver 2.1 not ready for prime time.

mlgraetz

Post by mlgraetz »

If you have ver 2.0 or newer Control Panel, ask support when your registration will expire or someday you will be dead in the water until you can get re registered. Request they send you an email heads up before expiration. NWA confirmed that ver 2.1 would not run keyhole files and it took 5 DAYS to get my ver 2.0 registered again.

gpeck

Post by gpeck »

My setting in preference is .75 .. after I load the program and hit run it will go to .007 or .013 then after the program has run it will either go to .007 or my preference of .75. If you have a clamp or whatever in the way and it goes to .oo7 good by bit. I did notice that if I turn on the control box before
I open the cp icon it will start one way, and if I open the cp before I turn on the control box it will start the program different. Why can't NWA
just leave well enough along if the can't do it right or at least let us know what they are trying to do..?

plascell1

Post by plascell1 »

It has been a few weeks since I last used the Shark. I had an issue a while back with CP2.0 registration and NWA sent CP2 ver 2.1 Build 17. and I thought all was well. NOT Tried to carve simple sign and it cam out reverse. Today was the first time I saw in the JOG screen the arrows for 45, 135, 225, and 315 degrees.

I had long ago swapped the X and Y to carve long signs and had to go into the software with Cntl-E and password 787 to change the polarity of the "Y" step size by removing the minus sign. Worked great for more than a year. Now with the new CP software the first sign has carved in reverse, as if you viewed the sign from the rear.

The Cntl-E feature doesn't work.

Now what? I don't see any help yet in this thread. Are we being ignored by NWA? I haven't contracted them directly yet.

plascell1

Post by plascell1 »

I am getting too old to have to play with this software. . .

I pressed every key and found Cntl-G will get me into the hidden screen and I was able to use the password 787 to change the polarity of the direction for Y. And a trial run makes the sawdust come out in the right direction. My panic is in recess for a while :D .

But I don't like the surprise others are also seeing that the registration has expired. I need to go back and re-register my old ver 1.5 just in case.

Eagle55

Post by Eagle55 »

Does anyone have any information as to what the status is on the keyhole issue on Control Panel 2.1? Overall it looks like a good revision but if all of it won't work, it will kill me. I just realized first hand tonight that I had a plaque job to do and get done and ready to deliver tomorrow only to find out that the keyhole tap file that I have used for years no longer runs with the current control panel. Its gonna kill me if you can't keep the previous functions running as you add new features!!

Roger
CNC Shark HD ~ Control Panel 2.0 ~ Windows 7 & XP
Located in West Tennessee near the Tennessee River
http://www.eaglecarver4.com

Drjohn71a

Post by Drjohn71a »

Just installing for new HD3 extended unit and the software problems are blossoming. 1st, the update from 1.6 to 2.1 moved the jogging menu and tooling steps of the right side of the screen, so slow jog option is not available unless I uninstall the Control Panel and reinstall it since it defaults to slow jog in installation. I ordered the Z axis touch plate but it hasn't arrived and it's tough to bottom out the bit at medium speed. If I ever do get the panel to run, the right third of that step column is not visible. I have a brand new high def screen and graphics processor which does not show this problem with any other software. It won't let me go back to 1.6 version now.

2nd, nice surprise that one cannot activate the Vetrix software installation until they review your disc number during regular working hours, mon to Fri... And then get back to you. So far, I'm dead in the water from software. Thank goodness I'm not dependent upon this unit for my livelihood.

3rd, the Conrol Panel seems unstable, or unpredictable. I can only get it to log in to the computer by a series of turning it off and on. The Windows Manager says it's an "unidentified USB device" and requires I abort the connection. Also, it sometimes makes my touchpad cursor jump wildly out of control and I have to shut everything down. So far, three days of trying without a fleck of sawdust generated.

I'm also concerned about the looming software shutdown date... Is there some charge or fee to keep it running? ...to "re-register" the software? Can't Next Wave set up some reminder system to avoid shutting down their customers?

Any answers?

gpeck

Post by gpeck »

NOT THE ANSWER YOU WANT, BUT WELCOME TO THE WORLD OF NWA.

Joseph Poirier

USB Device Identification Request Failed

Post by Joseph Poirier »

Mostly, this has been an issue since Microsoft started pushing updates for Windows 10. The drivers for windows 10 are designed to use less power, and as a result they do not push enough power out on some USB configurations to get a proper reply from some devices. Today we had great success using a powered USB 2.0 Hub as a repeater to fix this issue on a number of systems.

As it turns out, an unpowered USB hub will only allocate about 150 mA, which is .15 amps, vs. 1.2 amps powering a port on a USB 2.0 powered hub. This extra power made all the difference in the world. I placed links on our website to the powered hub we used on multiple computers in house and a number of PCs at some of our distributors' offices.

see http://help.nextwaveautomation.com/ #3 for details. This has been the #1 issue these last few months on laptops and PCs that do not have the correct power configuration due to the newer Windows drivers updates. And since this workaround is 100% hardware, it shouldn't be affected by any future Windows updates.

We apologize for not finding a workaround for the issue sooner. Please let us know if today's work around falls short of providing you the most permanent fix we could come up with for the least amount of money for all those affected by these recent Microsoft Windows USB driver issues. I wish you all a profitable and productive year.

thx & Best Regards, Joseph Poirier, Software Engineer, Next Wave Automation