control panel 2.1 21

Discussion/questions about software used with your CNC Shark and programming issues

Moderators: al wolford, sbk, Bob, Kayvon

Eagle55

Re: control panel 2.1 21

Post by Eagle55 »

Joseph, thanks for the heads up on the hardware fix for those situations. How about the fix where the newer control panel no longer will load and cut keyholes. I was the one that was testing one proposed solution early on and then when it didn't work, I sent my files and .tap files and its been several weeks with no further word. I don't know about others but it is putting me in a bit of a tight squeeze for jobs that I need this function on. I can't go backwards to a version that it worked on because the registration key expired and I was forced to update to the version that has this issue.

Roger

LOL don't even suggest going back to control panel 1.5 !! Not a workable solution :(
CNC Shark HD ~ Control Panel 2.0 ~ Windows 7 & XP
Located in West Tennessee near the Tennessee River
http://www.eaglecarver4.com

Kevink18

Post by Kevink18 »

I am running on a older computer with Windows 7 is this the fix for it also I started this thread when I swapped to 2.1.21 and still have the same issues not raising z axes the same everytime it might only raise a few thousandths when u hit run

Eagle55

Post by Eagle55 »

Kevin,
I'm not sure if this is actually a problem or just something a little quirky. Does it go ahead and cut the job normal at the predicted depth? At one time there was what some of us called the "kiss of death", which was where you would zero the bit, reset the all axis zero and then run your tool path. If you had raised the bit slightly to get it off the material, it would then raise up (probably to the programmed safe travel height) and dive into the zero point with the running bit. If you were really tight on your zero point, it would make a slight cut at zero that was sometimes hard to sand out. The made some good attempts to program that annoyance out of the control panel program. Not it bump up a few thousands, (not to the safe travel height but enough to keep from messing up the projects) and runs the tool path. I haven't paid much attention to how much it bumps up or if it is consistent, but it seems that the project runs ok regardless of what the distance is or how they calculate it. My only issue at this point is that the keyhole gadget function does not work any more. Tap files that I have used for years no longer works, and newly generated tap files that have a keyhole in them don't work, or more precisely won't even load into the control panel.

Roger
CNC Shark HD ~ Control Panel 2.0 ~ Windows 7 & XP
Located in West Tennessee near the Tennessee River
http://www.eaglecarver4.com

Joseph Poirier

control panel 2.1

Post by Joseph Poirier »

@Roger. I fixed the keyhole issue last month, it's now Build 22 or 23. Was a divide by zero check that got missed when I did a display update. That one was all my fault. Again, apologies.

@Kevin, not sure what is causing that, but when someone figures out how I can duplicate the issue (I need to get my machine to duplicate the issue before I can fix it), then I will be quick to correct it. Since we are having a similar issue in the universal controller and we are looking into this there, I will make a note to compare the issue on 2.1.

Note: if the controller is responding too slowly to the control panel commands then I would recommend adding the powered 2.0 USB hub. The hub amplifies the communication between the controller and the PC and could potentially be a fix for any random reoccurring issue. And it provides a little peace of mind against software updates from Microsoft.
Last edited by Joseph Poirier on Fri Jun 17, 2016 11:52 am, edited 1 time in total.

Kevink18

Post by Kevink18 »

No it runs fine just don't go to safe height unless you hit run then estop then move to zero 2 times then when u hit run it goes to safe height. This is every time you load a tap file the hight it moves to ranges from about .02 to .09

Joseph Poirier

Post by Joseph Poirier »

@Kevin,
sounds like Ed's post on an old CP version, something I thought was fixed. Try downloading the latest update through your menu.

But close the program before you install the new one, so the CP can be overwritten.

Kevink18

Post by Kevink18 »

I will try that asap

Kevink18

Post by Kevink18 »

I reloaded new CP 2.1.22 same issue. loaded it 2 times just to be sure.

Joseph Poirier

Post by Joseph Poirier »

I know I fixed the keyhole issue... but it's possible that it's in the version that is being tested in house... and our company just moved to a new building. So we won't be able to release that update until most likely a week from Monday. I will review this tomorrow. have a great weekend.