Quick new guy questions (sorry in advance)...

Discussion/questions about software used with your CNC Shark and programming issues

Moderators: al wolford, sbk, Bob, Kayvon

sachaD

Quick new guy questions (sorry in advance)...

Post by sachaD »

Hey all, I'm considering buying an HD3 Slimline to make guitar bodies, which I currently do mostly by hand. I have no CNC programming experience.

My question is basically, how easy is a program like VCarve Pro to learn? Are there classes or tutorials anyone can recommend?

I know Illustrator and Photoshop and am a a quick learner, but after watching a few videos on this stuff, I can tell its a whole other world with its own language and such.

Thanks!

gpeck

Re: Quick new guy questions (sorry in advance)...

Post by gpeck »

Check out vectric.com They have all kinds of info.

bill z

Post by bill z »

If you can learn Photoshop, and Illustrator, you can do VCarve Pro. You can down load a trial and go through the tutorials so you can get a feeling.

With an imagination and working at learning the tutorials, you can do great things.

tonydude

Post by tonydude »

Check out the tutorals http://support.vectric.com/training-material very easy to learn.

Tony
Buffalo,NY

"What will matter is not what you bought but what you built; not what you got, but what you gave”

Aspire 11.015, photo vcarve, cnc mako shark extended bed with the new upgraded HD 5 gantry with Led pendent.