Line drawing to file

Discussion/questions about software used with your CNC Shark and programming issues

Moderators: al wolford, sbk, Bob, Kayvon

viking1405

Line drawing to file

Post by viking1405 »

Where can I find the steps to go thru from taking a simple jpg line drawing to the point where I have a file in my computer, wood piece is mounted in my Shark HD3, and I'm ready to hit the go button and start cutting?
Viking1405

gpeck

Re: Line drawing to file

Post by gpeck »

Try going to you tube on the internet and ask your question. I have done it and have found different ways to do things on my cnc.

tonydude

Post by tonydude »

Buffalo,NY

"What will matter is not what you bought but what you built; not what you got, but what you gave”

Aspire 11.015, photo vcarve, cnc mako shark extended bed with the new upgraded HD 5 gantry with Led pendent.

rsetina

Post by rsetina »

If I remember correctly, you can import a JPG file into your software, but you will then have to draw all your vectors for setting up you toolpaths. If you can export your line drawing as a .dfx file from the program you used to create it, you'll have the vectors ready for you to use, to create your toolpaths. In the first link above, you'll find a wing spar that is imported as a .dfx file and the video shows that the .dfx file imports with vectors already done for you. I think I got that right. Hope this helps.
Rick

bill z

Post by bill z »

What works for me most of the time is to convert the jpg to bmp and adjust the colors to where mostly black and white with high contrast.

Once imported the Vectric program will make vectors from the lines and points it sees.

Sometimes you will have to clean things up a little but most of the drawing is done.

My grandsons wanted a bunch of Supper Hero Logos and that is the way I did all dozen that they wanted. However most of the logos were not very complicated.