Tile Toolpath

Discussion/questions about software used with your CNC Shark and programming issues

Moderators: al wolford, sbk, Bob, Kayvon

ACGC-High School

Tile Toolpath

Post by ACGC-High School »

Hello,

We are working on a Shark with a 24" x 24" bed and we are building a cribbage board coffee table that will be 24" x 48". Our question today is how do we program the tile toolpath. We need to run a drilling toolpath, a profile toolpath and an engraving toolpath on each tile. The problem we are having is that the 0,0,0 point stays in the lower left corner, as we move to the next tile do I need a new 0,0,0 point? We have watched a few videos on Youtube regarding this and are still struggling. If anyone could give us a nudge in the right direction any help would be greatly appreciated?

Thanks!
Craig and Cole
ACGC High School
ACGC High School Wood Shop

tonydude

Re: Tile Toolpath

Post by tonydude »

Buffalo,NY

"What will matter is not what you bought but what you built; not what you got, but what you gave”

Aspire 11.015, photo vcarve, cnc mako shark extended bed with the new upgraded HD 5 gantry with Led pendent.

rsetina

Post by rsetina »

The starting point will remain in the same spot as the first one. You'll have to make sure the material moves just the amount you specified as the length of the tile, ie. 24X24 inches. The second tile will start at the same corner as the first one. Your XYZ settings will remain the same.
Rick

TAW

Post by TAW »

I adjust the tile size so as to have the size correspond with an area where no carving takes place, if possible. May not work with what you are carving. Also once you have your XYset, you can jog down the tile length you set and use router bit (router not on) to go down say 22.5'' and score a line on your straight edge board to have an exact point to move your work piece to start tile #2. I have 1'' wide straight edge taped to the bed and may put another wider board next to it to be more centered on table. Then you can put marks and notes on the board if doing several of the same thing. This works for me. You may have another way that works too.