tool path file to control panel

Discussion/questions about software used with your CNC Shark and programming issues

Moderators: al wolford, sbk, Bob, Kayvon

gpeck

tool path file to control panel

Post by gpeck »

I made a tool path file in 8.024 saved it to a folder, and then I opened the folder to make sure it is in there . I then open the control panel

to load the file but there is no tool path file in the folder. I know the file is in there because I tried to install it again and a flag comes up

asking me if I want to replace it. Does anyone know what I am doing wrong??. I can open other files and they work fine. Also I got this

message that says there is a new update. it comes out to be v1.6 what is going on ?? Thanks for any help............. Gene

Eagle55

Re: tool path file to control panel

Post by Eagle55 »

Hi Gene,
First of all when you say you save the toolpath file to the folder, are you saving the xxxxx.tap file to the folder? The control panel will only look at files with the .tap extension on it because that is the actual "g-code" language that the control panel uses. If you are saving the .crv file, that is a V-Carve file format that is used by the Vectric software. It has all of the information but is the file that is used to generate the .tap file that they NWA Control program can use. Also you know the proper post processor to select for the Shark... right?? (The CNCShark-USB Arcs (inch)(*.tap) ) Without knowing more I am suspecting that you may have the wrong post processor selected which is giving you the wrong file extension and the control panel is not seeing it because it only lists the .tap files that are in the folder.

Roger
CNC Shark HD ~ Control Panel 2.0 ~ Windows 7 & XP
Located in West Tennessee near the Tennessee River
http://www.eaglecarver4.com