Establishing tool paths

Discussion/questions about software used with your CNC Shark and programming issues

Moderators: al wolford, sbk, Bob, Kayvon

Flyfisher

Establishing tool paths

Post by Flyfisher »

I am brand new to Cnc. I'm trying to make a sign with a boarder and cannot set the tool paths for the text and the boarder together. Can anyone help me?

tonydude

Re: Establishing tool paths

Post by tonydude »

You didn't say what program your using or posted a screen shot of what your doing, that would help alot. Also look at the traing tutorials http://support.vectric.com/training-material

Tony
Buffalo,NY

"What will matter is not what you bought but what you built; not what you got, but what you gave”

Aspire 11.015, photo vcarve, cnc mako shark extended bed with the new upgraded HD 5 gantry with Led pendent.

tonydude

Post by tonydude »

Here is more help http://support.vectric.com/vcp-questions also click on the help contents in your program.

Tony
Buffalo,NY

"What will matter is not what you bought but what you built; not what you got, but what you gave”

Aspire 11.015, photo vcarve, cnc mako shark extended bed with the new upgraded HD 5 gantry with Led pendent.

Flyfisher

Post by Flyfisher »

I'm using vetric desktop 8.0. I have watched the tutorials and have had some luck if I'm doing simple things. My main problem is when I open included clip art I can't establish vectors.
I was just running a program that I have run three times without any problems. However, this time it hung up twice in two different spots. If I restart from the beginning it runs a little farther and then hangs up again.
Any suggestions?

sharkcutup

Post by sharkcutup »

or posted a screen shot of what your doing, that would help alot.
by tonydude

It would help us on this forum a lot if you could post a screen shot of the vector drawing you are trying to accomplish carving and any other details that would be helpful to us in assisting you solve your problem. Any screen shot details, setup details, etc..... would help.

Note: all screenshots are using Vectric's Desktop V-Carve Pro

As for the included clip art establishing vectors can be accomplished by going to the modeling tab after you have selected your clip art from the clip art tab.
Untitled-1.jpg
In the modeling tab first highlight your clip art in the drawing area by clicking on it.
Untitled-2.jpg
Second select the third icon under 3D Model Tools this will put a vector boundary around your clip art.
Untitled-3.jpg
Hope that this helps you!!! And please post again with any information that you think may be helpful in us understanding your particular problem.

Have a GREAT DAY!!! :D

Be SAFE around those AWESOME machines!!! ;)
V-Carve Pro Tips, Gadget Tips & Videos
YouTube Channel - Sharkcutup CNC
V-Carve Pro 11.554