Controller not connecting via USB with Win 10

Discussion/questions about software used with your CNC Shark and programming issues

Moderators: al wolford, sbk, Bob, Kayvon

nortman

Controller not connecting via USB with Win 10

Post by nortman »

My WIN 10 computer was running the CNC Shark Control Panel software without too much trouble until an update earlier this week. I bought the recommended powered USB Hub and I still cannot get it to connect to my laptop. I can hear the connect chime when the USB is plugged into the hub from the controller, but when I load up CNC Shark Control Panel it acts like it is not connected.

BTW, this is with the 1.5 Control Panel if that makes any difference.

Any suggestions? I'm at my wits end here.

~ Andrew

frankr4ever

Re: Controller not connecting via USB with Win 10

Post by frankr4ever »

Call tech support....They were able to download the drivers that you may have lost during the update !
Check and see if you can" restore your system" prior to the update

nortman

Post by nortman »

Why isn't there a page with the drivers to download if this is something that a lot of people experienced? Just wondering why a phone call is necessary.

nortman

Post by nortman »

Thanks for the restore tip, frank4ever!

Okay, for anyone else who has this issue with the Windows 10 1607 Build (breaks a number of things including how my USB connects to the controller).

I used Windows Recovery to rollback to the previous version of Windows 10 and I will NOT allow updates to Windows 10 unless NextWave comes up with a better solution.

Windows 10 Build 1511 works just fine with the controller and a powered USB hub.

Thanks for nothing Microsoft :/

frankr4ever

Post by frankr4ever »

Microsoft updates have a positive reaction to everyone but cncers ....at least it seems..
I am glad that the tip worked for you and others..
It is unfortunate that we have to use "tips" to navigate the " good intentions" of others!
Make sawdust,
Frank

Rushman2112

Post by Rushman2112 »

I am in the same boat at andrew I got the suggested the usb hub and since its only to run my cnc I am tempted to reaimage it and put windows 7 on the windows 10 box. Someone said they rolled it back to an earlier build. I think Part of my problem is I have to users on the windows 10 box. Unless anyone else has a better idea I am thinking of doing that. I am not sure what build build it has a powered usb hub so it should not be doing what its doing. I can try next deleting all the usb hubs and then a reboot but I am not sure that will work.

tonydude

Post by tonydude »

This is what another guy did.

Tony
Attachments
cable.JPG
Buffalo,NY

"What will matter is not what you bought but what you built; not what you got, but what you gave”

Aspire 11.015, photo vcarve, cnc mako shark extended bed with the new upgraded HD 5 gantry with Led pendent.