Probe problem

Discussion/questions about software used with your CNC Shark and programming issues

Moderators: al wolford, sbk, Bob, Kayvon

basecircle

Probe problem

Post by basecircle »

Hi everybody Anyway I have the scan probe.I have had it for about 4years.So I took it out of the box.I had a job I have to scan.I have Shark cp 2 software Also cut 3d and Aspire 8.5.I set it up scanned the job.It stopped half way of the scan.Anyway it was running about 5hrs.So when it stopped.And I went into the scanlog NOTHING in it.(Course I did not get to save it after the stop.Any way I set up a Dime set my parameters Even made the step over more.So when it completed the dime I saved it Now it is a stl.scanlog.So i tried to run it in cut3d.will not load.So I opened a new file in Aspire and tried to load the file as a stl.Will not load.So has anyone gone through this problem.What was the secret???? Any help would be Great. Thanks for your time

Bob

Re: Probe problem

Post by Bob »

Basecircle,
If you are willing to post your dime file, I will try to open it.
I've used the probe with some success, and had no problems opening files and carving. It's been a while, but I used Cut3D for the procedure.
Bob
"Focus"
Antonie Van Leeuwenhoek (Developer of the microscope.)

basecircle

Re: Probe problem

Post by basecircle »

Hi Bob thanks for looking at my post.Well I tried to upload it but it say's The extension scanlog is not allowed.So I cannot send it.I too have cut3d and I gave it a shot.It justwill not do any thing.Remember when they launched cut3d.There was a glich posted.(i cannot remember)I also tried to load it in Aspire 8.5 no luck. I will try to send it another way. Basecircle