Joining vectors

Discussion/questions about software used with your CNC Shark and programming issues

Moderators: al wolford, sbk, Bob, Kayvon

gpeck

Joining vectors

Post by gpeck »

I highlite the vectors ,The vectors cross each other, I click on weld, nothing happens they do not join? what am I doing wrong? I have done it before and it worked. Thank for any info........... gene

Bob

Re: Joining vectors

Post by Bob »

Try it with closed vectors. That works.
I just tried it with open vectors and nothing happened.
Bob
"Focus"
Antonie Van Leeuwenhoek (Developer of the microscope.)

Gary Campbell

Post by Gary Campbell »

Gene...
If you are looking to join 2 crossing vectors, use the scissors trim tool and check the "join vectors when closing" checkbox
Gary Campbell
CNC Technology & Training
GCnC411 (at) gmail.com

gpeck

Post by gpeck »

In join vectors the tolerance got changed to 99.000, and I can not change it. I have tried putting .004 in the window, but it goes back to 99.000 any ideas on how I can get it back too .004??? Thanks for any help

4DThinker

Post by 4DThinker »

In Aspire when I enter 99 for the tolerance and use it once, then close the Join window it defaults to 99 the next time I use it. If you have two separate vectors with a common end but not joined, try the Join tool again. This time change the value to .004 and use it to join those two vectors. Then close the Join tool. Open it again .004 should be the new default.

Of course my example works in Aspire. VCarve pro may be different.

4D

gpeck

Post by gpeck »

I still can not get it work. it defults to 99. I even went into options and the settings there are set at .004

Rushman2112

Post by Rushman2112 »

OK help I am a new to this I have every flipping thing as it should I try closing them nothing happens I have 18 open vectors I cant get vcarve to close them as they are without it doing something wrong I have only been working on this one design about eight hours it has to be right for it to all work. I dont know if there is a master tolerance setting I can set that will fix it and make them connect or join and close would someone please help me I am at my wits end I am thinking of scraping it and starting over but then I lose eight hours it cant be this dam hard. Help thank you. :D

Bob

Post by Bob »

Rushman
Would you be willing to post that crv file. I would take a look at it.
It's a little difficult for me to visualize your problem from the description.
Bob
"Focus"
Antonie Van Leeuwenhoek (Developer of the microscope.)

sharkcutup

Post by sharkcutup »

Post a copy of your .crv file (As Bob mentioned)

It is very hard to visualize and determine what your problem is. There are several ways that vectors can be joined together based on the situation/nature of the particular vectors to be joined.

Vectors can be joined in node editing for example or joined using the scissors tool as mentioned in an earlier post (this tool is best used when Vectors cross each other), the Weld Tool (sometimes called Boolean add) and the Subtract Tool (sometimes called Boolean Subtract) can also be used in certain situations, and of course the Overlap Vectors Tool can be used to join Vectors too!!! All these Tools mentioned here are available for Joining Vectors but they also rely on certain conditions (As with the Scissors Tool for example - Vectors cross each other). Three other Tools I must mention are Straight line Join Tool, Smooth Curve Join Tool and Moving End Points to a Common Point Tool which are pretty much straight forward joining vector tools.

Have a GREAT DAY!!! :D

Be SAFE around those AWESOME machines!!! ;)

Sharkcutup
V-Carve Pro Tips, Gadget Tips & Videos
YouTube Channel - Sharkcutup CNC
V-Carve Pro 11.554

Rushman2112

Post by Rushman2112 »

Sorry Guys I wanted more frustration so I wanted to make sure that I was not being dumb so I moved each aspect of the design. but it did not matter I thought if I traced it all again or the parts I could get away with and pushed some of those objects on its own layer that I would be able to get it to work together and then I would have been able to not bother anyone with my project. Um that did not work so I put it back to the way it needs to look and have a number of open vectors. I have to explain why here I am a very Hard Core fan of the Rock band Rush. So this is the star man. I want to make a cool wood thing for My Rush themed room. And My truck needs a hitch cover it will look so cool with the Rush themed Plates on the truck. LOL thanks for you guys helping me so Here we go Rock on
Attachments
starman2.crv
(150 KiB) Downloaded 380 times