Joining vectors

Discussion/questions about software used with your CNC Shark and programming issues

Moderators: al wolford, sbk, Bob, Kayvon

Bob

Re: Joining vectors

Post by Bob »

Is this what you were looking for.
The trim tool was used for overlapping vectors. The Node editing tool was used to stretch a few vectors to make them overlap, then trimmed.
About 2 minutes of work...
Bob
Attachments
starman2.2.crv
(1.11 MiB) Downloaded 318 times
"Focus"
Antonie Van Leeuwenhoek (Developer of the microscope.)

sharkcutup

Post by sharkcutup »

Agree with Bob --- just a few minutes worth of work to join vectors.

I used another approach by separating the vectors (circles, Stars, guy) to different layers then copied and pasted to a main layer one layer at a time thereby creating a main layer with all component vectors together.
The only tool used to join the vectors was the scissors tool with box checked to automatically close vectors when formed on the main layer.

*** Note: I did have to use the node editing and close vectors with straight line to close the vectors on the other separate layers (circles, Stars, guy) in order to have the complete vectors for the main layer!!!
starman2.sharkcutup.crv
(172 KiB) Downloaded 289 times
Got the same end results as BOB just in a different way!

Have a GREAT DAY!!! :D

Be SAFE around those AWESOME machines!!! ;)

Sharkcutup
V-Carve Pro Tips, Gadget Tips & Videos
YouTube Channel - Sharkcutup CNC
V-Carve Pro 11.554

Rushman2112

Post by Rushman2112 »

Ok cool thanks guys So when I was working in cutting vectors and stuff that I leave the box checked when trimming them then they connect. as long as the box is checked but lets say you have two different lines. SO if you want those lines welded together then you have to make them go past then when you trim the excess those should be connected and as long as the whole thing is connected and its all connected it will work if you vcarve it. But it seems that you cant have open vectors when doing vcarve you can if you do a profile but now vcarve sorry still learning all this. Thanks for Your help.

Bob

Post by Bob »

Rod,
That sounds right.
Just remember what Sharkcutup mentioned. There are many different solutions.
Pick what makes sense, and works for you.
Bob
"Focus"
Antonie Van Leeuwenhoek (Developer of the microscope.)

Kayvon

Post by Kayvon »

While there are many ways to do just about everything, I find myself returning to the scissors trim tool repeatedly. It's a good one to become acquainted with.